Tiki Cat No Pate

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would like to try tiki cat but it only comes as shredded or bits. My cats are pate only eaters. Has anyone tried putting tiki cat shredded in the food processor, and with what results?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's steering you away from just getting them pate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't find any chicken tiki cat in pate form, just shredded.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now they eat organix, merrick and purina one. All grain free foods and will not have anything with carrageenan. I have one with suspected food allergies and wanted to try tiki. My group will only eat pate style food and I don't see that tiki cat has any pates. I am fine with putting it in the food processor if it will work.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not just try it to see if it will work? :) Different processors and blades often give highly differing results so it's probably best to see what your own processor will do!

I've never tried processing Tiki but one shred food that I've processed (in a Cuisinart Mini Prep) with pretty good success is Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball. It processes into a decent pasty sort of stuff (not like pate) but our hospice cat lapped it up. Steak Frites, however, was kind of a bust, though who knows how it might have come out in the larger machine...

Good luck!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why not just try it to see if it will work? :) Different processors and blades often give highly differing results so it's probably best to see what your own processor will do!

I've never tried processing Tiki but one shred food that I've processed (in a Cuisinart Mini Prep) with pretty good success is Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball. It processes into a decent pasty sort of stuff (not like pate) but our hospice cat lapped it up. Steak Frites, however, was kind of a bust, though who knows how it might have come out in the larger machine...

Good luck!
I've used a hand held blender to turn different foods into pate style. I couldn't tell you the brands though as I've done this to quite a few different ones. Works just fine. Tiki seems to be more solid meat though rather than chunks of processed food which purees easily. I think you'd have to add liquid to get a good consistency.

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Good luck!

Good luck!
I went ahead and ordered some tiki. Two bits of promising info is tiki and we Weurva have similar texture and my processor is also a cuisinart. I didn't figure it would process into a pate, just know they don't like big stringy pieces of meat. Was just looking for some input since tiki is $20 for 12 2.8 oz cans and I have 5 cats. I already spend $200 a month to feed them so this seemed like an expensive experiment. But I ordered it anyways. If it doesn't work out thats more food for the shelter. I swear they know me by name!

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've used a hand held blender to turn different foods into pate style. I couldn't tell you the brands though as I've done this to quite a few different ones. Works just fine. Tiki seems to be more solid meat though rather than chunks of processed food which purees easily. I think you'd have to add liquid to get a good consistency.
Good point. And adding water is always a good thing:) . I ordered the tiki and will be trying it out soon! Thanks