Tigger is Over the Rainbow Bridge

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got Tigger 6 years ago from a no-kill shelter when she was 14. My husband was worried that she wouldn't be with us long, but I wanted to adopt her to give her a nice last year or so.

Eventually her kidneys failed, but she was only really sick for a day or so; we were waiting for a vet appointment when she went outside on a beautiful sunny day into the back garden and went to sleep for the last time.

RIP Tigger, be young and playful again over the Bridge!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My deepest condolences go out to you and your husband. Thank you for all the love you gave her in her later years. She lived the best part of her life with you and because of you.RIP TIGGER

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like her final moments were very peaceful.

RIP, dear Tigger!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You gave your dear lady a precious gift...
dignity and love.

Rest in peace Tigger.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
what a wonderful final 6 years you gave her! i know she went to the bridge with love & care that she'd probably not known before you adopted her
. play happily over the bridge, Tigger - you're young & carefree once more, can run after the
and
while you wait for your family

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our deepest condolences to you both.

Rest in Peace Tigger. Run and play free at the RB.

You and your husband gave her 6 more wonderful years in her later years and she is thankful for you both. She'll be waiting for you both.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many, many
, Kim. It's never easy, but know that you gave your girl the previous gift of love in her final years.

RIP Sweet Tigger

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Kim. But she went happily without a long illness, and had a wonderful life while she was with you. You will miss her, I know.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless your sweet Tigger and you and your family. What a long life she had.

And what a peaceful transition from this life to the next.

RIP sweetie.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was so sorry to read in your other post that Tigger had passed. But how wonderful that she did it in her own way, in her favorite place. I am crying now for YOUR loss, but at 20 years of age, her time had come, and now she is once again in her prime at the Rainbow Bridge

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

You gave your dear lady a precious gift...
dignity and love.

Rest in peace Tigger.
Lei put it better than I could.

I had to smile reading that she went into her garden, to her favorite place, to sleep in the sun. Something she loved. Something I can only hope for; not only for my cats but for every person I hold dear. I'm so glad the rain held off so she could enjoy the sun in her garden one last time.