Tigger Has Very Runny Tummy

Markdewet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, as stated my poor Tigger has a very runny tummy and has had for about a week now. Please, before anyone jumps on me, I simply do not have the time or the finances to take him to the vet right now and so I am asking my question here in hopes I can at least try to get him feeling a little better.
OK, with that out of the way, here we go: he has a very runny tummy, now please note the following:
1: Tigger does not go outside at all. We live in a first floor apartment and there is simply no way at all for him to get out. No way, nada, nothing.
2: As far as I am aware, he has not been fed any human food. I say as far as I am aware because I am at work during the day and my wife and her caregiver are at home with Tigger, so I cannot completely rule the possibility out, although I have asked them.

Now, two things I have noticed:
1: I have caught Tigger drinking water from the loo on occasion, although the toilet is flushed regularly, especially after humans poop, obviously, but not always when we pee (water restrictions here in Cape Town, South Africa)
2: Tigger has a runny nose, not sure where this has come from either, but I wonder if this does not have something to do with his runny tummy.
3: I have tried the rice and boiled chicken option, no skin on the chicken and just plain boiled white rice, no improvement.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions or advice, it would be most appreciated.
Thanking you

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can try some plain pumpkin puree. Either buy a can of it (no spices!) Or make it at home by cooking a pumpkin and mashing up the results (again no spices or seasonings). You can freeze the extra in an ice cube trays and feed about a teaspoon a day.

It's not a solution but it might help until you are in a place to see a vet.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can, get FortiFlora. It’s probiotics but also has some vitamins in it to support the immune system as well. In Istanbul vet clinics sell the individual doses separately. It’s much cheaper than to get a month’s worth box.

I would get wet food with a simple formula. If it’s available in ZA, Pro Plan Delicate canned food or Royal Canin Sensitive Digestion wet food might also work fine. Try to add a bit more water to each serving for more hydration.

Smaller meals throughout the day is always better for digestion than 2-3 big meals.

And make sure the lid of the toilet is closed.