Tidy cats Breeze system transition

Murphys_mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all! So a few months ago i posted regarding my cat Murphy’s urinary blockage. He is doing much better now, thankfully, and we are trying to transition him over to the tidy cats breeze XL system. We’ve had it for about a month and have slowwwwly added the pellets to his normal clumping litter. At this point, his old litter box is 90% pellets and 10% old litter. We have the breeze right next to his litter box and we’ve put some of his pee and poop in the breeze to make it smell more like “normal”. He refuses to use the breeze. So it’s obviously not an issue with the pellets, as that is what’s primarily in his old box at the moment. I’ve even removed his old box throughout the day and he just goes into the room and meows at the spot his old litter box was. I always cave and bring the old box back out because i don’t want him peeing on the carpet 😅 any tips on completing this transition? Or is he just too stubborn??

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't scoop the old litter box, let it get dirty so he will want to use the new one. The first time he uses the new litter box get rid of the old one so you can't cave. :lol: If he pees on the carpet put a pad on the spot after you clean the area well.

He's used to the feel and smell of his old box but he'll realize the one new is here to stay.