Tidy Cat 35 LB Tubs Unavailable?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the Tidy Cat kitty litter in 35 pound plastic pails are the latest unavailable item. Tractor Supply had none and no idea when they would be available. Chewy's had none and no idea when they'd be restocked. I ended up getting three units, each with two 20 pound jugs, from Chewy's. So if the litter is available to package in jugs why not in those yellow pails?

So I have the kitty litter, repacked it into empty pails I have - they are so useful for so many things. Forty pounds of litter just barely fits in the 35 pound pails. Only nuisance - I have a Freecycler who will take all the empty pails I care to offer her but has no interets in the empty jugs. And apparently, neither does anyone else on Freecycle. Guess I'll put them out tomorrow for recycle pickup.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes they're fully stocked and sometimes they're gone. I wonder if the bucket manufacturer is having supply chain issues.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
A lot of cat litter companies are moving from the plastic tubs to thinner, plastic bags because of costs.
I did stockpile some of the tubs a while back, so hopefully this isn't the case here.

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use those tubs for everything lol! I have some in the garage that I use in the garden, some with yarn and knitting supplies. I have since switched to pine litter and use them to store that. They are so handy lol! That being said they really aren't that great for the environment if people are tossing them out.