Tick on cat

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a tick crawling around on my cat today, around his neck. I killed it and no blood came out. It was flat (see photo). I used revolution plus until recently, when I changed to broadline (rev plus is not available in my country). I applied broadline only about 3 weeks ago so my cats werent due until next week. Does this indicate that broadline is not effective? Or does it take time for ticks to die once they come into contact with the cat?

i have reapplied another dose of broadline to all three cats and checked them for ticks and they seem clean.

Attachments

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about Broadline specifically, but if it works like most flea/tick prevention it won't kill the tick until after they've bitten and had a chance to be attached for a bit.

My dog and cat are both on flea/tick prevention, but I still give them a once over every now and then (my dog more than the cat since the cat is indoors) and run my hands through their hair to make sure there don't happen to be any living ticks on them, and if there are any dead ones I'll pull them off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about Broadline specifically, but if it works like most flea/tick prevention it won't kill the tick until after they've bitten and had a chance to be attached for a bit.

My dog and cat are both on flea/tick prevention, but I still give them a once over every now and then (my dog more than the cat since the cat is indoors) and run my hands through their hair to make sure there don't happen to be any living ticks on them, and if there are any dead ones I'll pull them off.
Good to know, thank you!