Tick Help!!

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am freaking out right now and not sure what to do!!!
We have 2 outdoor cats that we let in the house, we also have 4 indoor cats. I just treated the indoor cats with capstar and advantage 2 yesterday because we found a flea on one of my males.
Went outside to feed the outdoor cats and the one had a tick on him!!! Got it off and killed it but now I am freaking out!!!!
We just had the outdoor cat in our house for a few hours last week because he was limping.
What are the chances I have to treat my house for ticks now????
Checked my indoor cats, no ticks. Called the vet, we can't treat them again for another 2 weeks and advantage doesn't kill ticks.
What should I do?? The vet said we should be okay since it was on the outdoor cat but I am soo worried. We have a 3 yr old and I am just terrified. But spraying the house will be expensive and time consuming (have to wipe everything down after) so not sure if I should do it or not.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ticks don't usually infest the house like fleas do. They prefer to breed out in the mouse nests of the open fields. I wouldn't worry about one tick. If you start seeing a lot then you can take other steps.

I do hate ticks but they're so common, you can't freak out about just one.

Where do you live? Is Lyme disease a big problem in the area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We live in the city. Not sure if lyme disease is a problem near us.
I checked my indoor cats and haven't found anything. It said online to look for a buno the size of a pea. My one male who we found the flea on (the indoor cat) had a ton of scabs and bumps but think it's from him biting and scratching himself. Didn't find a tick on him.
The outdoor cat (Siren) that I found the tick on left for the day so I'll have to check him later. Checked mt.other outdoor cat briefly and didn't feel anything on her.
Sirens house in on my back steps by my back door. Should I move the house farther away from the backdoor??