TICA scoring questions

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! It's been a while since I've shown in TICA and I forgot some stuff about points so can anyone help me with some questions? I was helping a friend show her HHP cat for the first time today, today and I told her I'd help her calculate the points.
So my questions--
If there are less than 20 cats in a Specialty ring, then only the Top 5 finals count? There were IIRC 14 shorthair HHPs entered and the judges awarded top 10 cats. Her cat got 10th place in the two Specialty rings, so would I not count those as finals toward a title?
If your cat is the only one of their color or division and so they gets BOC and BOD, do they still get the same number of points?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't show with tica, so I have no idea how their points system works.
GoldyCat GoldyCat and StefanZ StefanZ show their cats ( not sure if they show tica though ) But they might be able to help

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, I dont know anything much about Tica scoring.  We were with the european Fife.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I show in CFA and don't know much about TICA except that it's complicated. That's one of the reasons I chose to start showing in CFA first. I tried looking on the TICA website but couldn't find detailed information on the scoring. Can you find out who does the scoring for HHPs? Maybe you could get better information from that person, or at least find out where to look for the scoring rules.