Thyroid Gold From Petwellbeing.com

catlover77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my approx 8yr old cat (she was a stray so guesstimating age) has hyperthyroidism, the medication from the vet made her sick so I tried researching and found thyroid gold on pet wellbeing, the reviews were good so I thought was worth a try,she was down to 4.6lbs and is now at 5.2 after 3wks so I’m hopeful that it’s beginning to help, as for diarrhea, it hasn’t totally firmed that up yet. I also give her about a tap of pumpkin to see if that will help out at all, I was just wondering if anyone has tried thyroid gold yet and has any reviews they can share or any suggestions as to food to try to help her gain weight. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I’m looking forward to any suggestions you may have!

Kjl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you please tell me what thyroid gold is? My 14 yo boy has hyperthyroidism and can’t toler the meds and doesn’t like the thyroid food after a couple feedings..I’m feeling hopeless at this point, so I am willing to try just about anything. Thanks

Kjl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just ordered this..seems to be a good option for us to try since we have basically hit a wall when it comes to treatment. I'd rather spend the money on this then canned food he refuses to eat (science diet thyroid ... $50+ for 24 cans) wish us luck that it helps (even a little)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!,that’s great, I hope it helps your cat:), I’ve done so much research on what to feed my cat to help with weight gain etc and basically all I get is high protein, most canned wet foods are 10-11% protein so I have been buying the nutro perfect portions, and she does eat some Kibble but definitely prefers her wet, also the weruva pumpkin in a pouch I mix a little with her food to help firm up her stools, not sure if your cat has the same symptoms as mine. Did he lose a lot of weight?

Kjl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes..my boy, when healthy, was 12.5 ish pounds... he's down to about 7.5 lbs now.. but he's had a plethora of health issues hit him at once..he has bad teeth, heart murmur, got a cold on top of it all, had bad reactions to the methamazole pills and ear gel..so I am crossing my fingers that this thyroid gold may be the answer to my prayers.. at least to keep him happy and somewhat healthier for his golden years ❤

Kjl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And his main issue was vomiting after the meds.. so then he wouldn't eat at all...now his appetite is back with a vengeance and he eats his canned Purina grain free and blue buffalo food with no problem..hopefully it won't be too hard for me to get him to take the drops..he knows when something yucky tasting has been added to his food..darn thing is too smart and finicky for his own good..lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I think you will be in luck when it comes to administering the drops,it’s like 5-6 little drops and you mix it up so it’s well hidden:) my cat dropped to 4.6lbs! She’s so tiny!!, they had her on 3 drops 2x a day then got me to double the dose for 2 wks, that’s when I finally saw a bit of a change! (1/2 pound weight gain but it’s still a gain so I’m hopeful she keeps gaining!) they are very quick to respond when you have questions so if the dose needs to be changed to get into his system they will tell you:) sounds like you have been going through a lot with your boy, I’m sorry and really hope this helps him