Thursdays Question of the Day 6.6.13

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I was going through my old high-school stuff over the weekend at my parents.. thinking about the good old days.

Compared to being in high-school.. how different are you now? Are you the exact same person?

Were you a punkster with hair different color each day? Were you the shy quiet kind, but now loud?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH was I ever wild.... :anon: Almost too much and that got me into some trouble now and again. I was a joker and really enjoyed being the life of the party. I was a risk taker and always the one to convince friends to do things they might not otherwise do - such as go skinny dipping in the neighbor's pool ( OR - the community pool :eek:), toss eggs at cars as they drove by or ding-dong ditch, making crank calls, :lol2: etc. :rolleyes: I think once I went away to college and had to get a "real" job, the reality of life hit hard and I had to say goodbye to my wild ways. :lol3: I still have that wild side but have tamed down much over the years. ;) Although, Larry says that I still have that "rule breaking" side to me. :nothappy: Great question!!

Last edited:

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not the exact same but still spunky punky. I stay away from the rainbow hair colors these days. I am me just more mellow.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was shy in high school and I'm still shy now I guess. I didn't like to get up in front  of the class for a oral report and when my kids went to school I didn't  want to talk to the teachers up close face to face.

Now when I  have problems with my meals in a restaurant, I don't want to face the manager so I take my receipt and call from home.and they will replace it if I can prove it .

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very different now.  When in school I was in a suppresive religion and so I wasn't really allowed to be myself.  I was quiet and paranoid that other kids who went to my school might tell anything I did that wasn't acceptible in this religious framework.   I was taught that the world would end at certain dates, like 1975.  I was afraid much of the time because of this and I felt alone.

I broke away from that religion when I reached 18 and now I'll be 50 this year and I'm very much myself now.  Now I'm fiercly independent, I still don't trust people easily, but at least I give them a chance sometimes.  I celebrate the holidays and I have a deeper and more realistic spiritual life.  I am happy now and I enjoy life much more of the time than I don't enjoy it. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the biggest difference is that I'm free now, and not the prisoner of a violent abusive mother like I was in high school. I'm still a bit of an overachiever, but not anywhere near as much as when I was trying to "earn" my parents' love as a teen. I'm still an optimist but life and time have roughed it up a bit. 

Other than being decades older now, I'm basically still me, the same me I was in high school. Hopefully I'm MUCH wiser in the head but in my heart I feel about the same. 

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still more reserved in big groups; and more animated with my own friends and family. But I am bolder when I need to be.  Mostly I'm just more comfortable with myself.  I was a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl then and that hasn't changed.  

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very shy and quiet in HS and as a teen-ager. Over the years of being out in the working world I overcame that shyness. While I'm not the type to dominate any conversation or group, now I can more easily blend in.

I think part of my problem in HS was that I had skipped a year and everyone was older than me -- in addition to the fact that I looked even younger than I was.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not go to school much after 9th grade.  I hated it and was "sick...cough cough"  I was usually angry at the scene of who is dating who and the typical way hs works.  I got in trouble for telling my teacher that she should be ashamed of herself for allowing her cat to have kittens sigh lol...  I always did ok on standard tests just the day to day part.

I am still outspoken and do not hold much back especially s/n and stuff like that.  more outgoing with strangers then I was in HS/that age.  I really am about the same.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I am still the same person, but I will speak up for myself more now, especially when I have a strong opinion on an issue.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had too much fun for my own good :lol3: I am glad I grew up and changed.... I am also glad I survived those days :crackup:
I do miss being an athlete; it was a big part of my life. I miss my good friends that are now in Brazil..... But.... I am a heck lot wiser and a better person now. Still know how to have too much fun..... From time to time. :clap:

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a wild child with a taste for my motorcycle, jeans, tshirts, boots, my leather jacket, and giving cheerleaders swirlies. I had a friend like me, but she turned into a soccer mom almost the minute we graduated. I spent my 20s running with motorcycle clubs and though dh is not a joiner, we still do that when the old farts get together. I still listen to mostly classic rock,but some of the new stuff is phenominal. I still love punk, rockabilly, yallternative, and blues. I may be the only grandma I know with Social D, Southern Culture on the Skids, The Reverand Horton Heat and Webb Wilder stickers on their walker.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm still me. Very reserved and shy around people I don't know (and I don't do well at all in groups), but once I get to know you, watch out! Pretty much t-shirts and jeans for the most part, but I think that it's more because I have to be dressier at work and I don't like that. Still enjoy my classic rock, although it wasn't classic back then. I was the youngest in my class and everybody else knew it. 

I went through my "wild child" phase after I get married. In my defense, I got married right after I turned 16 and it was difficult to say the least. My friends were out partying and I was married and a mom. Not easy. I went through a couple years where it wasn't pretty and Rick and I did separate once. But we worked it out and I calmed down--finally! according to my mother--and we made it through. It was touch-and-go for awhile though.