Throwing Up

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten Charlie is about 5 months old, I have noticed that once in a while he has thrown up, it's always just his fried food, I've only noticed this maybe two times spaced out enough where I didn't think anything of it. However it's coming to my attention that he might be throwing up more then I think, I have 3 dogs and when I'm gone for the day at work, if he throws up outside his cat room, the dogs are eating it, so I don't notice it. There have been some times now more frequently that I have noticed weird "spots" on my couch, just figured it was the dogs licking the couch or from Charlie eating his Lysine chew on it. But now I'm pretty sure he is throwing up more then I thought. Seems to be just food. I wonder if it could be from the Lysine chews? He's been getting them for about 3 weeks now and that's when I had noticed his first throw up. He is otherwise healthy, perfect weight, playful, etc.... I'm not sure if this would require a vet visit, but I will for sure speak with me vet about this, just curious what you guys think, is this a good thing, from Lysine chews, is it somewhat normal? It's not everyday, maybe once a week? Maybe twice? Since I have dogs that are quick to eat such things I'm not too sure, I just know on my days off I haven't seen it happen. Thanks, sorry this is so long

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man sorry for the typos in this post, not "fried" food and not a "good" thing. Sorry

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What does the vomit you have found look like? Is it undigested food?

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Btw if you make errors in your post you can edit it. :) Click on the three little lines under your post and it will give you the option to edit.

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I asked if the vomit is just undigested food because a lot of cats will snarf their food down then their tummy gets upset from eating so fast and they vomit it right back up. We call it - snarf and barf lol... If this seems to be the case there are a few things you can do to slow his eating down. Puzzle feeders are usually a good solution - you can find these at any large pet store. Something else you can try is to get a bowl that is rounded and place golf balls in it, that way he has to work around the balls to get his food. Like I said the basic goal is to slow his eating down...if he vomits anything other than just food - like frothy liquid or even just liquid a trip to the vet is highly advised.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes it is always undigested food! I'll go buy some of those things you suggested and give it a try, thanks again!