Throwing up - why always the hard to clean places?

8whiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I swear they do it on purpose!

I have (laminate) hardwood floors through most of my house. My living room has a large woven wool rug. Whenever one of my cats either eats too fast or just has a hairball, they always throw it up near the edge of the rug. They could turn 45 degrees and it would hit the bare floor, but noooooo! Always on the outer edges of the rug that's so much harder to clean!

Why do they DO that?

Or they'll throw up on the mat next to the garage door, or the kitchen sink. I understand if they want to sit on it, warmer and softer on their little paws, but they're right at the EDGE! Why can't they sit on it and throw up on the floor instead?

I wonder if they're having a laugh watching mom scrub the rug or try to shove the mats in the washing machine.

Do your kitties do this too?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, Ritz does this too. My carpet is off white, now it's a "patterned" off white.
Very rarely does she throw up on the kitchen floor. She almost threw up on me once.
(For those who want to know: if she goes too long without food, she throws up after she has eaten her entire dinner. Then almost immediately she wants to eat more food, which she does keep down. In fact, she'd eat her spit-up if I let her. I feed prey model raw.)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My house has a LOT of ceramic tile and vinyl and my cats will run to the nearest carpet to throw up! I have even tried to 'direct' their heaves at the easy clean floor, but noooo.... they'll hit the carpet everytime!

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THANK GOODNESS FOR HARD WOOD FLOORS

Boo me for leaving clothes on the floor 

and that kiddies, is how you get cat vomit, on your work clothes!

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always in hard-to-clean places. Most recently Caesar threw up down the side of my DVD stand (he was sitting on top of it with is head hanging over the side). Every DVD had to be taken out and wiped off, including the stand itself and the floor.

Boo runs while he's vomiting. One time he decided to run down the [carpet] steps while concurrently upchucking. It was so ridiculous, I took a picture. Every step was affected. I think that's the one time I thought I was really going to lose it. I was cleaning it up until 3:00 a.m. and I had to get up for work a few hours later.