Three Fussy Kittens

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Pet Ultimates probiotics is 5 billion CFU which isn't much. If you're giving less than the suggested 1/8 teaspoon dose, it likely has no effect on the cat. It's hard to use probiotics with dry food since you can't mix it in. Do your cats like tuna? Milk or cat milk?

I use a Human probiotic, Renew Life 50 billion CFU. A capsule is split between the two cats. Neither of them notice the probiotic mixed into their raw food.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try another cheaper dry cat food instead of Rachael Ray. What about Cat Chow Complete. That one doesn't cause my cats any problems. I know you don't like the cheaper foods, but it could work for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a better quality, grain free canned food that they actually like!! It's Merrick Grain Free Perfect Bistro Rabbit Recipe. I put a plate of it down next to a plate of Friskies and they went for the Merrick. That's one!! They did not like the Merrick LID duck. I am going to purchase some Nulo cans later today and hopefully I will find at least one more flavor that they like.

I am continuing to add more Instincts dry and less Rachel Ray dry to their bowls. They are eating it more slowly than they would eat the Rachel Ray. I am not sure if this is because they really don't like it or because the Instinct is more filling.

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Pet Ultimates probiotics is 5 billion CFU which isn't much. If you're giving less than the suggested 1/8 teaspoon dose, it likely has no effect on the cat. It's hard to use probiotics with dry food since you can't mix it in. Do your cats like tuna? Milk or cat milk?

I use a Human probiotic, Renew Life 50 billion CFU. A capsule is split between the two cats. Neither of them notice the probiotic mixed into their raw food.
I have been mixing the probiotic with wet food. Just a little and they can taste it and won't eat it. I have never given them milk so I don't know if they like it. By cat milk, do you mean Goat Milk? I will look into the Renew Life 50. Thanks for the suggestions.

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could try another cheaper dry cat food instead of Rachael Ray. What about Cat Chow Complete. That one doesn't cause my cats any problems. I know you don't like the cheaper foods, but it could work for a while.

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestion. When I adopted them from the rescue they were on Kitten Chow. At that time they all had diarrhea. My vet told me to cut out the Kitten Chow, so I did. I am getting somewhere transitioning them to Instinct Limited Ingredient Grain Free Turkey flavor. I like the idea that the kibble is tumbled with fresh, raw turkey, so every piece of kibble is coated with the crushed, freeze dried raw turkey. My ultimate goal is to transition to raw.

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean't to reply to your post, but my reply posted as a new post. It's here somewhere!

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I guess you are referring to the Renew Life Extra Care Ultimate Flora 50 billion?
That is what I found of smileamazon. (I always go through smileamazon too)

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am stunned and thrilled. A few minutes ago I offered my kitties just a little bit of Primal Feline Chicken & Salmon Formula frozen raw. I had purchased the sample pack. One of my kitties ate it immediately. The kibble addict sniffed it, so I offered him a small plate and he ate some! This guy won't eat ANY wet food at all! Then my third baby started sniffing, but he wouldn't eat it. I sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese on it, and he ate it too! I was very, very surprised, but very happy. I am planning to slowly add the Primal Formula to their diet. I know feeding Salmon on a regular basis is not a good idea, and I am going to try the other flavors in the Primal Sample pack.

LittleBelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, but...the next time I offered the Primal frozen raw chicken & salmon formula, there were no takers. This morning I offered the Pork frozen Primal. No one ate any of it. I am thinking of buying another starter pack of Primal and trying again. It would be so nice to see them really, really enjoy a new, healthy food. All 3 ate a little Nulo Chicken and Herring today. That was a new one for them and they ate just a bite or two, but at least they ate it. So, that now makes 2 they will eat: Merrick Perfect Bistro Rabbit and the Nulo Chicken and Herring.