Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
page 37! Through flying songs and onto girl's names. Wow. We flew through in the beginning!
You're half way there! :thumbsup:

Those 3 words need to be followed by "livin' on a prayer", so now I have to post Bon Jovi. :biggrin:

"Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer"

This is the song my Kirsten and I used to dance to. Miss you, Baby Girl:angel:
I've posted it before but I'm thinking about her this morning.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Get Out of My Car and Into My Dreams - Billy Ocean

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I own over 4,000 CD's. There are many rock and blues albums from the '60's and early '70's. But, most of my music interests and purchases for the past 35 years have been far from the mainstream. A guy I used to work with told me I was the only person he knew that considered King Crimson music to be mainstream. :crackup:

I am a big fan of electronic music. The term electronic music means different things to different people. And, it has evolved a great deal since the early music synthesizers of the early '70's. I have only purchased one album so far in 2019. It is a set of 16 CD's and 2 Blu-Ray's from a band called Tangerine Dream. Tangerine Dream is from Germany and started out in the late '60's as a typical guitar, bass & drums rock band. In the early '70's they migrated to exclusively synthesizers to make a new type of music. Today, that type of music is referred to as Berlin School. The set that I bought includes remastered versions of their albums from the '70's plus several discs of unreleased music, 3 live concert recordings, and 2 TV documentaries. Here is link to a track from their 1974 album Phaedra:

I think my next CD purchase will be the new 10-CD set from the original 1969 Woodstock festival. It contains many previously unreleased recordings.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I own over 4,000 CD's.
That's a lot of CDs !!! I just counted mine, and I have 59. And most of them are Bon Jovi. :paperbag:

I am a big fan of electronic music.
I listened to a bit from the video you posted, and ... well, it's not Bon Jovi. :lol:

I think my next CD purchase will be the new 10-CD set from the original 1969 Woodstock festival. It contains many previously unreleased recordings.
That sounds like it would be cool. :musicnote: Welcome to our little music thread, btw. :wave2:

So, here's a song that's been stuck in my head. I only knew a few words, but Google found it.

Dancing with a Stranger - Sam Smith

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, here's a song that's been stuck in my head. I only knew a few words, but Google found it.

Dancing with a Stranger - Sam Smith
We cool down to that one in zumba sometimes!

This song's been niggling at my head the past couple days because I couldn't quite remember how it went. So that means I should post it.

Mine- Taylor Swift

page 38.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to those of you who welcomed me to this thread.

I debated for quite a while on how to construct my first post here given that my musical tastes are a bit "different." I'm familiar with many of the songs and albums posted here since a fair amount include older music. But, if you ask me about pop music between about 1980 and today, I am clueless.

My wife and I go to a ceramics studio twice a week. Most people there are 50 and older, but there are a few that are younger. I made up a flash drive of about 80 songs that often gets played at the ceramics studio. It includes rock songs from the '60's and a few from the '50's. Many of us old-timers sing along to the songs, and the younger folks look at us like we are from another planet. :biggrin:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks to those of you who welcomed me to this thread.
Glad you joined us. :) And post anything you like, as it is a thread for "sharing your favorite albums & songs". :musicnote:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think M maggiedemi listens/watches all the posted videos.

And Lari Lari is currently going through the thread, catching up.

I, too, am in the process of listening to everything that's been posted, however, I don't always listen to them in their entirety. I do, however, listen for at least a minute, of everything that's posted.

I made up a flash drive of about 80 songs that often gets played at the ceramics studio. It includes rock songs from the '60's and a few from the '50's. Many of us old-timers sing along to the songs, and the younger folks look at us like we are from another planet. :biggrin:
I think N NY cat man might remember a lot of the same songs as you. :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you joined us. :) And post anything you like, as it is a thread for "sharing your favorite albums & songs". :musicnote:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think M maggiedemi listens/watches all the posted videos.

And Lari Lari is currently going through the thread, catching up.

I, too, am in the process of listening to everything that's been posted, however, I don't always listen to them in their entirety. I do, however, listen for at least a minute, of everything that's posted.

I think N NY cat man might remember a lot of the same songs as you. :)
Probably, but it's too bad that I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.