Those who feed only wet food

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you mix up brands/flavours or do you stick to one brand and flavour?

I have always mixed flavours, sticking with mainly turkey and chicken and really limiting any fish. They eat mostly friskies pate and fancy feast classic pates because I have 2 cats who eat strictly wet and it’s $$$!!! The two kittens eat mostly Merrick kitten, Wellness kitten and Performatrin Ultra kitten right now…..not friskies or FF yet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Until an illness required a specific food, I liked to mix up brands and flavors :). I personally think it's good to provide the different nutrient make - up of a variety of foods.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people rotate brands and varieties for a variety of reasons: prevents food boredom, back up brands to feed in case there is a recall for one brand, etc.

Try to include other proteins in your cats' diet and rotate through them. Beef, duck, rabbit, etc. Chicken is known to be a cause of food sensitivities in cats. Symptoms may not show up until years down the road.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I could not get my cat to eat til I put 3 small meals on one plate,not mixed. She likes variety. Not the same food every day

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat gets bored if I feed him the same thing for more than 3-4 days in a row. So we rotate many different brands and flavors.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have inside cats that love variety. My outside cats however insist on Friskies Turkey and Cheese, shredded. Any other wet food is left on the plate. They get dry too which is picked up at night to keep the raccoons from getting it.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything has to be in gravy! I do go for 2-3 brands, lots of tuna and about 7-12 flavors every month. Yes I sort the cans so everything is mixed up!
It is all about the fancy feast medleys, fancy feast petites and my BFF variety packs.