This time it happened to me - Missing cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up that little glimmer of Hope that you have- it can also prove that cats do wander and sadly lose their way - that's what prompts them to unknowingly stray further & further from HOME.You keep mentioning the heavy rains,the sights are suddenly unfamiliar and their scent has been washed away- they continue to wander searching for their way back-its very possibly that was your girl-keep looking and putting out those fliers-I'll keep praying Antonio65 Antonio65
It stopped raining a week ago, thank God. It's been summer-like in the last week, up to 80+ degrees F.
Nearly all my flyers have gone, only a few, probably 20, still survive.

Last night, shortly before midnight, I received a WhatsApp message with a video attached. Someone that I don't know (and they didn't introduce themselves) had just spotted a black cat outside their home. They gave me the position and I quickly went there to check, about 250 yards from here following the roads, but less than 100 yds in a straight line.
It wasn't her, and I knew that before going there because the message said the black cat was friendly and cuddly, just the opposite of mine.

I went there with a small bag of kibbles and started calling and shaking the kibbles. This blak cat came out a yard and walked towards me. She didn't want to eat, just cuddles. But her ginger friend, long hair, that came out a little later ate the kibbles.
I left and walked back home and the black cat followed me. I had a hard time having her staying where she belonged.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It stopped raining a week ago, thank God. It's been summer-like in the last week, up to 80+ degrees F.
Nearly all my flyers have gone, only a few, probably 20, still survive.

Last night, shortly before midnight, I received a WhatsApp message with a video attached. Someone that I don't know (and they didn't introduce themselves) had just spotted a black cat outside their home. They gave me the position and I quickly went there to check, about 250 yards from here following the roads, but less than 100 yds in a straight line.
It wasn't her, and I knew that before going there because the message said the black cat was friendly and cuddly, just the opposite of mine.

I went there with a small bag of kibbles and started calling and shaking the kibbles. This blak cat came out a yard and walked towards me. She didn't want to eat, just cuddles. But her ginger friend, long hair, that came out a little later ate the kibbles.
I left and walked back home and the black cat followed me. I had a hard time having her staying where she belonged.
Oh my goodness- so many cats wandering around outside - heart breaking

I imagine you had a very difficult time walking away from that little black cat- does anyone out there keep their cats inside? I'd lose my mind seeing cats everywhere.....

It's nice to know there are people out there looking at your flyers and reaching out to you - your story just breaks my heart ,I'm still hoping and praying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
does anyone out there keep their cats inside? I'd lose my mind seeing cats everywhere.....
The two cats that I saw last night live in a house in a dead end street, so probably their owners are confident that no harm can come to those cats. There are other cats in the same street.

Anyway, my street is a through traffic street, though with very light traffic. There are three or four family with cats in this street and all these cats are free to roam.
My cats are indoor only cats, and have access to the backyard on leash only.

The missing cat comes from a hoarding situation. A family at the far end of the street had about 20 cats of all ages. When I found that out, I quickly got involved. One Sunday morning I snatched four kittens that weren't feeling too well and gave them to a rescue that found them good homes.
Then I called the local authorities for animal welfare and they forced the family to fix all the cats.
A few of the cats got killed on the road, others just disappeared and a couple of kitties were adopted out.
This missing cat was born there, then she moved four houses down where she stayed several years, and in late 2021 she moved here, where one of her son's was already living along with a tabby grey cat that I believe is the missing cat's sister. All my yard cats are fixed, are looked after
Upgrading a cat house

they receive the medical attention when needed
The danger of a blade of grass
Removing all teeth in a semi-feral cat

and are well fed.

The only cats who live safely indoors are those who are in condos.

your story just breaks my heart ,I'm still hoping and praying
Thanks so much ❤