This is hard for me to bring up but,,,,,,,

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tom, I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience with your darling Peanut. It's good that you are expressing yourself and making some peace with what happened. Peanut is surely playing and watching over you and probably did direct you and Tuffy to each other.

You sound like a wonderful person who takes very good care of his cats.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tom.....At first I was sad when I started reading about your precious little Peanut....now, the more I`ve read..... I`m MAD!!!!
I don`t care if she may have had something that kept her from getting well. (IMO the dr should have run tests BEFORE doing the surgery!)
In any case....for her to have been laying in her pee and poop without being cleaned up shows me that that vet was QUACKY! No wonder she got an infection!
I`d have been D***ED if I`d have given her one red cent! I`d have seriously thought about taking her butt to court for malpractice! (or whatever the word is for quacky vets)
(Sorry if I sound too harsh....but I`m so mad reading this that I just can`t even stand myself!!)
Linda
Linda

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about Peanut.. she was so adorable!

R.I.P little Peanut.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi to all and thanks for the kind words. stampit3d, I was just wild with all this but it all happened so fast and I was so upset I didn't know what to do. If I could have got the Dr at the hospital to come out and say to me that the operation is what caused all this then I for sure would have been on that vet like flys on you know what. But I think the Dr knew why I asked him that and didn't want to get stuck in the middle of a big mess.

I don't even know if that place is still there, If she treats others like she did me and Peanut I would be amazed if she is still there. If I had known then what I know now there is no way I would have had surgery done on Peanut without a full coarse of antibiotics first and then make sure she got a very good looking over first. But I was dumb enough to believe the vet knew best and did what she said to do if the discharge came back a second time. Her office is just down our street, I am going to drive by there and see if it is still open.

I have been thinking of making a copy of my first post on this and mailing it to that vet but in the end I am sure nothing would change and it would just drag out the letting go of all this. I bet she will say she don't remember, Its been longer than I thought since this all happened, Yvonne is pretty sure it was in 1998 when Peanut died which would be right because she was born in 1990 and she was 8 when she died. Or she would say she just did what I told her to do. I guess what really burns me is the vet never said that she was having big problems and hand me such a sick kitty to take home when I tell right away she could never take car of herself as bad off as she was, Peanut couldn't even hold her head up in my arms when the vet handed her to me, and then to charge full price for keeping her overnight for whatever she did if anything. If she would have done anything the second day when I brought her back she should have known she was in big trouble, but no she hands me a very sick little kitty that never hurt anyone all covered in bedding, and pee and poop. And to top it all off she says she will be fine in a couple days?????????? Even I could tell she would not be "fine in a couple days".

Looking back on this mess I should have walked out of that place right away. The place smelled so bad I could hardly stand it and the other animals there were crying and complaining. I can pretty much see the kind of care they got after seeing the shape Peanut was in. I am really sad to think that others had to go through the same thing I did with that place.

I think I am going to ask Tuffy's vet about some of this stuff with Peanut just to see what she says about it. I am pretty sure she will say that she would never have operated if Peanut had a bad UT infection without treating the infection first. And ask if she has heard from any other people about the vet in question, I am pretty sure they will give me a honest answer to my questions.

If I seem to be all over the place in this post its because I am thinking as I write this. Maybe I don't really know what I need to get out of all this other than a better picture of why she had to be taken from me so fast. If it had been a slow down hill thing and known she maybe had something that couldn't be helped it still would have been just as hard to give the ok to end her suffering but to have my best little friend go from having some discharge from her UT one day to being in a animal hospital and not being able to help her and I have to bring her home in a box in a couple days and no one can give me any real reason why is just to much to take, even after all this time.

I am sorry that I said I would let this go and no more sad stories in my last post but I guess after starting this reply I still have very strong feelings about this and it seems from what allot of you have said I have a right to feel like I do. I told Peanut I was sorry and goodby the other night and I pretty much gotten over the feeling it was my fault for what happend but I still have allot of unanswered questions. I probably will never have the answers I am looking for. I really wish now that I would have let the dr try and find out why she got so sick so fast. At the time I didn't have allot of money and it wouldn't bring Peanut back but fast forward to now and whatever it would have cost would have been worth it just to answer why she is gone.

I hope my rambling here makes sence to you reading it and I would like to know if I should ask Tuffy's vet about all this? Or should I just let Peanut RIP and give my love to my Tuffy and our other kittys, I can't leave Kelsey our dog out or she will be mad at me lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for putting up with my ramblings about Peanut. I guess I just needed to vent some of this stuff that has been inside me for so long. It has helped me to let it go after posting it here. Plus reading the other sad stories helped me to cry and get it out.

RIP little Peanut. Maybe when my time is up I get to see Peanut and my other kittys that have passed on.

Tom W