This Is All About Pop / Soda

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
In our house, it's "soda". I drink Pepsi, high-octane, please. (Meaning with caffeine) But Coke is the only thing that helps with my migraines. I'm not allowed to take any meds for them, so I drink an ice cold Coke when the headache gets too bad. (I haven't had a Coke in a while, though.)

Rick is a Mountain Dew man. That's always his first soda drink of choice. Followed by Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke. He really likes Dr. Pepper.

@Kat0121 I remember the Pepsi Challenge. I forget where we were, probably at some kind of fair. They were doing the Pepsi Challenge. I'm a Pepsi girl, so Rick and my brother made me take the challenge. I took it, drank 3 different cups. Pointed and said, "That's Pepsi, that's Coke, and I think that's RC". And I was right. I probably still have the tee-shirt to prove it!

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Rick told me that Pepsi bought Sodastream. I didn't know that.

When we were in Ohio a few years ago, we stopped at a store that sold old soda (meaning the stuff we used to be able to get when we were kids). I bought a few bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice. I remember that from when I was a kid.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were in Ohio a few years ago, we stopped at a store that sold old soda (meaning the stuff we used to be able to get when we were kids). I bought a few bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice. I remember that from when I was a kid.
There's a store near Minneapolis (Minnesota's Largest Candy Store) that has a bunch of different sodas (old, foreign, novelty, etc.). Since I don't drink much soda, I tend to stay out of that section. I should probably try a few of the old brands the next time I'm there.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call it soda now but growing up it was cold drinks. Prefer Coke over Pepsi, but try not to drink it much. NEVER diet! Can drink 7-up but don’t really like it or Sprite. I only drink ginger ale when sick so don’t have a preference. I would much rather have iced tea, lemonade (real, not a mix)or ice water.

• Purraise

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We call it pop around here

Pepsi over Coke (I don't like that weird aftertaste)
Clear pops all taste the same to me so no preference
I don't care for ginger ale

I love cream soda, Hanks is my current favorite I can get locally but I like most of them. Root beer is hit or miss, there's a 1919 brand that I love though. I like dr pepper when I'm in a certain mood. Wild Cherry Pepsi is the only fruit flavor I really care for in regular pop. My family does Orange Crush at holidays because my grandma loved it, I'll grab a strawberry one for myself every now and then.

• Purraise

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've always called it soda.

I only drink diet soda.
I prefer diet Pepsi over diet Coke. But, I think Coke Zero is about the same as Diet Pepsi.
It is often difficult to find diet versions of Sprite or Seven-Up. I have no preference between the 2.
If getting self-serve soda, I typically fill the cup 1/3 with Sprite/7-Up and put in cola to fill it.
I have never liked Ginger Ale.

My favorite soda flavor is Root Beer....nothing like an A&W Root Beer.:yummy:

On long car trips where I need to stay awake, I drink Diet Mountain Dew to get the caffeine.:hyper: I don't drink coffee.

If I am really thirsty (like after cutting the lawn in 90° heat), soda doesn't do it for me. I need Gatorade.:drinking: To save some calories I drink the G2 Gatorade.

• Purraise