This Fun Quiz Might Identify Your Cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually dont stare at my boys. I read in the cat world it is a form of aggression. I either avert my eyes or blink slowly.....apparently that puts them at ease.

But tomorrow I might just try a staring contest....who do you think will win?

Maybe I will put on a pair of safety glasses just in case....these boys have massive claws.

Attachments

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually dont stare at my boys. I read in the cat world it is a form of aggression. I either avert my eyes or blink slowly.....apparently that puts them at ease.

But tomorrow I might just try a staring contest....who do you think will win?

Maybe I will put on a pair of safety glasses just in case....these boys have massive claws.
they are stunning, but don't you clip their claws? lol.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are stunning, but don't you clip their claws? lol.
l

No we dont have too. They only sharpen their claws on their scratching post. The cats dont seem to have any discomfort, so we just leave them alone. The cats are also outside cats (supervised)......

I did get sliced by greg once, seems its not a good idea to trim a cars fur tangles with electric clippers....who would have thought? Actually I think my wife knew it wasnt a good idea, but thought it might be funny since i was holding greg. Pretty amazing, he sliced right thru my hand into the fatty white tissue, just running away...ouch!

Anyway....tomorrow a staredown.....what could possibly go wrong?

:lol:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we don't keep their claws clipped for the furniture but for safety theirs and ours. I started doing it every couple weeks after going to the kitteh emergency room too many times for abscesses caused by claw wounds from roshambo time. all I can say is be sure to feel their chests every day. a claw wound in this area can be fatal by abscess.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we don't keep their claws clipped for the furniture but for safety theirs and ours. I started doing it every couple weeks after going to the kitteh emergency room too many times for abscesses caused by claw wounds from roshambo time. all I can say is be sure to feel their chests every day. a claw wound in this area can be fatal by abscess.
Thanks for the tip.

I will keep an eye on that.

They are brushed frequently, so injuries, sores ect are more likely to be noticed.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I tried this quiz with my abyssinian. It came up with 9 different breed with scores of 12-16, none of them abyssinian.:rolleyes2:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GoldyCat GoldyCat Manny's came up the same way. It seems he is made up of spare parts! Kinda like this

Ok.....but was the quiz FUN?:hyper:

All right, all right, i get it........ quiz isnt perfect......but it DID agree with the experts on the findings of my guys. And it WAS fun right? :hyper: ..........sort of?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It said Samai was a Maine Coon. I think maybe it was the weight thing. I had to use the 12 lbs, since that's all I have right now. But she is only 9 months, so it may be more accurate when she's grown.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it got tibby right with siberian. didn't do drommie. moto got manx as his first but only at 12. I think the next was birman. lol. lord nibbler got nfc. although for some of those questions I'm not entirely sure I know enough to give the correct answer. sometimes it's easy with nose shape other times i'm like ???? it would be nice if they had pics by the questions. lol

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
although for some of those questions I'm not entirely sure I know enough to give the correct answer. sometimes it's easy with nose shape other times i'm like ???? it would be nice if they had pics by the questions. lol
Yes please!!! When I did it I was googling like eye shape and stuff and still was unsure. Pictures for us visual learners would be very helpful.