Third Eyelid Showing

Nana28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone -

I have a beautiful 1.5 year old DSH kitty by the name of KoKo. A couple of days ago I noticed that her third eyelid was showing a lot more than normal. I'd seen it before when she's really relaxed or just waking up, but this time they were constantly showing, almost cover half of both of her eyes. I immediately made a vet appointment for the next day. Upon her examination, the vet said that she looked overall healthy, did not have a fever and tested negative after an eye exam for infection. He sent me home with a prescription for Tobramycin eyedrops. He said it may be a very early eye infection that he could not yet detect, but he was very unsure. He also said that if she didn't get better in a week, I should follow up with an ophthalmologist because there was not much more he could do.

Do you of you have experience with this? KoKo is eating normally, stools are normal and the only recent change in environment is that we adopted another kitty one month ago. They get along great and adjusted to each other rather quickly. I'd appreciate any input. Thank you!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't know if you've read up on causes of a cat's third eyelids showing, but in case you haven't I've included a link to an article about it. Perhaps, it would give you some things you could discuss with your vet that they could test for in order to narrow down what the cause might actually be in your cat's case. Hopefully, the drops you received will work and the issue will be resolved without further testing/examination.

Third Eyelid Showing in Cats - Causes and Treatment

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she drinking normally? Did vet check for dehydration? I believe 3rd eyelid showing can be a sign of dehydration.