Third Eyelid Showing A Little

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If anyone has seen my previous posts my Oliver has been diagnosed with very bad allergies today I noticed his left eye, has his third eye lid showing a little. Now we just did a second revolution treatment on him as well as he's had all of his shots. ( this was on Friday). The vet told me for his runny eyes sneezing and scratching at his skin to give him half of an allergy pill for the allergies for two weeks.

Is this just from allergies his third eyelid showing? ...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could well be, but just to make sure, why don't you give your vet a call? If nothing else, it will put your mind at ease!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Called vet she wanted to see him , thinks it's allergies still as she put a dye in his eyes to see if it was scratched and that turned negative . Got prescribed an ointment to put in his eyes 4 times a day for 5 days.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Excellent. Much of the time little things like this are pretty simple, but that eyelid could have indicated an injury (with infection and blindness in extreme cases) or an illness that isn't yet showing other symptoms. It would help if cats weren't so darned good at hiding pain and illness. I feel like all I do here sometimes is say, "check with your vet," but it would kill me if a member lost a kitty and it could have been prevented. I'm THRILLED that this was so simple!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! But lately the third eyelid has been showing more so I'm freaking out, she told me to call back Saturday to let her know how he is doing ...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Breathe deep. If you are going to be calling her on Saturday with an update, then you should be fine for this last day and a half.