third eye lil showing

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i have 3 kittens, 3 pretty girls, one is 9 weeks old and the other 2, 6 weeks old, but they actually look like they were just 3- max4 weeks old. The big one keeps teasing the others, i know she is just playing but she ended up hurting one of the small ones today, we call her Dots :). I guess she accidentally hit one of Dots’ eyes because I only missed for 45 mins max and when I came back my mom kept telling me that her eye was missing, that was A SCARE lol. Then i realised her eye is definitely there, but her third eyelid occupied more than half of it, it was really swollen red. She seems fine with it, but then again cats don’t like to show their hurt do they. I searched on the web but they always seem to write the worst..and make me expect the worst out of a maybe simple situation.
I used a cotton swab to wash her eye with warm water and left her for about 10 minutes. Her eye doesn’t seem much swollen now, the third lid started to retract I guess, now it occupies only half of her little eye.
My question is: is there something I can do from home, a natural remedy maybe to help? Does this kind of trauma( i think) go away by itself?
She just finished her antibiotics today for the cat flu, she had antibiotics too when she was 3 weeks old for another problem. It’s always a rollercoaster with her..Dots and her sister are very sensitive due to a complicated birth, I had a previous post about their brother who sadly passed away due to pulmonary infection:(
So i want to do everything I can from home for now, I know she s sick of vets and for sure I am too.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have photos?

If the eye was punctured she will have to see the vet. She could lose that eye if it is punctured or require medication to help reduce the swelling. Maybe try a different vet from the one you used?

I would honestly keep the 6 week old kittens away from the 9 week old. If they are as small at you say they can get really hurt by the 9 week old. Or only have them together when you can watch them constantly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I managed to take only these ones, she absolutely won’t stay still. It seems like her eye lid retracted even more, it is still swollen, but I believe it could be better.
The vet isn’t the problem, she is the best we ve had. I only thought that so many antibiotics will harm her immune system and the problem can be dealt with home. But if that’s not the case, she will get the best care
The 9 week old will get adopted very soon:) so it will be ok. I try and I will try until then to keep them apart as much as I can.

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks pretty bad to be honest. To me I would say yes its would be from a scratch rather then URI as both eyes would have been equally affected. Can you send the photos to your vet? Hope you are able to spay both the moms :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrayolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s almost 2 AM right now I don’t think the vet will answer. I will call her first thing in the morning. I just hope she will be a little bit better until we go and the scratch isn’t that severe:(
We already had her mommy spayed when she had to undergo c section and the other mom will be very soon. I wanted to do it after her babies didn’t need her anymore.