Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the best solution may be to keep her until you can find a good home for her. Maybe you can be able to foster her for cat village?

We found a abdonded cat that was beyond lovely. This cat was super people friendly but super cat aggressive. We found him a home but it took 18 months to find him a home where he would be the only cat.

Can you test her? Then if she is negative can you keep her and vaccinate her? Holding onto her until you can find her a good home/spay her? If you can't afford to do the above I would keep her in isolation and get her to the kitty village.

:goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If money is an issue right now then I would not keep her. You asked what would benefit your current cats the most and having the funds to care for them if/ when they get ill is what would do that.

I'd have a different answer if you didn't have a good place willing to take her- but you do and there is a family out there with some other cat(s) that are looking for companionship. I'd tell the sanctuary that she's good with other cats. That will work in her favor.

And now you know that Saru likes new cats. Going forward you and Saru will have the opportunity to help many cats out. You could even do fostering where the organization you work with fronts all the vet bills and provides you with food and litter. I have a cat here who is fantastic with new cats. He helps me socialize them. He is a bridge between them and us humans. He makes a difference in the world and he's just a cat that we took in when he was on the verge of death.
I think they do get a little sad when the fosters go but they are happy when new ones come and they get used to times when there are no fosters.
As stated, I have had her for three months because that woman keeps claiming she doesn't have room. Which it should be noted that she keeps taking in more cats yet somehow 'never had room'. What she REALLY means is, 'I don't have room for an adult cat', not that she doesn't have room, as I've seen many kittens from her sanctuary get adopted yet as soon as I call up after seeing this she still claims she has no room.

So, unfortunately, no. Shes staying with me till I can get her in there but right now that doesn't seem like a possibility. The shelters won't take her either as the no-kill ones are full up and I refuse to just ditch her back on the street.

I also am unable to do foster work as my folks own the house and refuse to allow me to do fostering. I keep asking but they keep turning me down.

This is a cat I've already been looking after since just not long before Thanksgiving... and they keep telling me 'no room'. She has nowhere to go but here right now, so whether I keep her permanently or not, here she stays till I can figure things out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the best solution may be to keep her until you can find a good home for her. Maybe you can be able to foster her for cat village?

We found a abdonded cat that was beyond lovely. This cat was super people friendly but super cat aggressive. We found him a home but it took 18 months to find him a home where he would be the only cat.

Can you test her? Then if she is negative can you keep her and vaccinate her? Holding onto her until you can find her a good home/spay her? If you can't afford to do the above I would keep her in isolation and get her to the kitty village.

:goodluck:
I'm currently working on building my funds up for her, to get her tested first, then vaccinations, then spaying. Its a slow process but I'm working on it.

I honestly wish I could do foster work, but as stated above, my folks refuse to let me and they own the house I live in. So I'm not able to do that as of right now.

I asked Kitty Village if they would at least help pay for her medical fees till they can take her in and they rejected me. So... all I'm doing is as best as I can do right now.