Thinking Of Getting A Cat Genie Litter Box But Have Questions.

MikeAW2010

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm reading alot of mixed opinions on the reviews of the Cat Genier, most notable is that they are prone to clogging in fairly short periods. I have 4 cats. I feed them raw cat food mostly and seldomly do they poop, usually only pee so I was thinking this may make it easier on the Cat Genie but it still brings concerns to mind.

• I am going to hook mine up to a HOT water line. Is this safe and is it any more effective when cleaning?
  • Is there anything else I can use to assist it during the cleaning process to help prevent clogs? detergent of any kind? Crazy as it may sound but what about very small dosages of liquid plumber somehow fed into the water-line?
  • Is it safe and sanitary to dump the waste line into the laundry room waste pipe or does this thing need to be near a real toilet?
Thanks.

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm reading alot of mixed opinions on the reviews of the Cat Genier, most notable is that they are prone to clogging in fairly short periods. I have 4 cats. I feed them raw cat food mostly and seldomly do they poop, usually only pee so I was thinking this may make it easier on the Cat Genie but it still brings concerns to mind.

• I am going to hook mine up to a HOT water line. Is this safe and is it any more effective when cleaning?
  • Is there anything else I can use to assist it during the cleaning process to help prevent clogs? detergent of any kind? Crazy as it may sound but what about very small dosages of liquid plumber somehow fed into the water-line?
  • Is it safe and sanitary to dump the waste line into the laundry room waste pipe or does this thing need to be near a real toilet?
Thanks.
I also spent a lot of time looking into self cleaning litterboxes and ended up getting the litter robot which I love so my answers may not be perfect, but from what I read when I was looking it has to be hooked up next to a waste line no specific one, however it should be in an area people are not as dust hair etc will cause it to clog, also apparently it does develop an unpleasant odor. As for cleaning products I believe they sell one but any others are not recommended as they may be toxic to cats or may hurt the bead things it cleans. On the site it tells you what type of water it had to be hooked up to and I believed it was cold but I could be wrong. Hope this helps at least a little and someone with more experience shows up.