Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Thinking Of Adopting

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by Deilla, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Deilla

Deilla Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Feb 21, 2019
    US
    I've been thinking that my cat might like a play mate. I believe I can handle two cats. I found a kitten close by that I might try to adopt. I'm just not sure how well my 5 year old cat will react. He never did well when I tried to bring a dog in to the home. Of course the dog was pretty big compared to him.

Here's a pic of Shawn. A bobtail I'm looking at:

shawn.jpg

Jcatbird, neely and Furballsmom purraised this.

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Jcatbird, Deilla and neely purraised this.

3. Deilla

Feb 21, 2019
    US
    Strangest thing happened. Right after I decided to adopt, I found a cat in a big city nearby. I don't like driving in that city so I called my mom to see if she would drive. She had the oddest request. She wanted to know if I had an extra cat carrier. I said no and asked why? She told me they found a cat on the highway. She was looking to give it away. I said I'll take it. So now I have a sweet new cat. She has a wonderful place to live now. I call her Jazzy. Short for Jasmine. Nyke is a bit upset. But I have them in separate rooms with a gate. And I keep the doors shut. I'm following the guide above. Thanks for the post, btw. It's like it was meant to be! jazzy.jpg

vince, Jcatbird, Docs Mom and 6 others purraised this.

4. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    A blessing! It does sound liek it was fate, bless your mom for noticing a cat in need! Of course your older cat will be upset for a while, but he will get over it in time. just follow teh steps in introducing cats and you will be fine, boys are usually a little more lenient in accepting newcomers. Females are the territorial ones! She'll have him trained in no time!

Jcatbird, Deilla, will2002 and 2 others purraised this.

5. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    What a sweetheart!!

Jcatbird, Deilla and will2002 purraised this.

6. maggie101

maggie101 3 cats Top Cat

Apr 20, 2014
    Houston,TX
    Never know until you try! Go for it. If it doesn't work out, find the kitten a home. Have the vet check for a micro chip first.

Jcatbird, Deilla and Furballsmom purraised this.

7. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    Congrats! :bouquet: Thank you for rescuing Jazzy, she's a lovely tuxedo kitty. :bicolorcat:
    With a little time and patience I'm hopeful she and Nyke will become best snuggle buddies. :crossfingers:

Jcatbird, Deilla, Furballsmom and 1 other person purraised this.

8. will2002

will2002 TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 12, 2018
    Texas
    Such a beautiful little lady. Jazzy was special made just for you.

Jcatbird, Deilla, Furballsmom and 1 other person purraised this.

9. Deilla

Feb 21, 2019
    US
    Took her to the vet. She didn't have a chip. They examined her and ran tests. Everything came back negative. She's in perfect health. We gave her vaccines and a de-worming. I need to get her fixed. I have that appointment set up for Tuesday. Nyke is calming down some. It's just going to take time. I'm being very patient. But right now, there's no visual contact. I'm slowly introducing smells.

neely, Jcatbird and Furballsmom purraised this.

10. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    :vibes::musicnote::redheartpump::musicnote:

Jcatbird purraised this.

11. Jcatbird

Jcatbird TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 5, 2017
    Southern U.S.
    You did a wonderful thing taking that kitty! Jazzy happens to be the name I gave a kitty I had and loved. Great name! Great kitty! I think things are just meant to happen sometimes. :yess:

Deilla, neely, will2002 and 1 other person purraised this.