Thinking about making a snack, but could use tips before I mess up somewhere!

Time 2 Recognize

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,
so I might start my chicken soup process making stock today. I have more chicken than I need, but need to cook all of it since its been defrosted now. I was thinking of taking one of the breasts and one of the boneless/skinless thighs and just boiling it separate in plain water until cooked and shredding as like a wet treat or snack (obviously not complete meal!) to see if my girl would like this? Plus maybe seeing if she'd like to drink the resulting chicken water/broth since she is not a plain water drinker (I intend to get fountain soon).

Am I all good to just put the breast + thigh in a pot and poach in water, shred into snack? If she ends up having no interest (Im kinda thinking she won't just to spite me) I can just make chicken salad out of the rest for me

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, plain cooked chicken with a little of the cooking water is fine as treats :) You can use either breast or thigh meat. Leftover shredded chicken can be eaten by you or frozen into portion sizes for later snacks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Time 2 Recognize

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, plain cooked chicken with a little of the cooking water is fine as treats :) You can use either breast or thigh meat. Leftover shredded chicken can be eaten by you or frozen into portion sizes for later snacks.
Awesome, thank you! Fingers crossed she likes it. She does like Tiki After Dark but cats are funny so we'll see. I have a chicken salad recipe I've been itching to try so no harm no foul if she turns her nose up