think I may have been sold the wrong type of revolution

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I always treat my animals with revolution and my niece is getting a kitten, which we will keep here for the week prior to her birthday.  I asked my vet for 2 doses of kitten revolution and they said they would sell me the puppy/kitten revolution which I bought.

I just got it home, I called my mom to tell her how much it cost, because she said she would reimburse me, and notice the package says it's for dogs 5.1-10 lbs but it basically has same ingredients as the puppy/kitten revolution (30mg .25 mL(120 mg/mL).  Is this ok?  I called the vet and they insisted they sold me the right product regardless of what the packaging said.  They said the packaging is just different but it is the same product.

I am putting the revolution on on the way home from getting the kitten from the breeder and I am really nervous now the kitten will be about 10 weeks old when it is allowed to come home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just answered my own question by a quick google search.  Guess I'll have to take the revolution back and demand my money back and a different product.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that size is a different potency, even though it's the same amount. It would be OK for a larger cat but not for a little kitten. I would say just to give half but it would be hard to give half of such a tiny amount :tongue2:. It's kind of alarming that your vet doesn't know that it's a different potency. . .:(.