Things Your Cats Love To Play With That Cost Nothing

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of Arnolds favorite toys is the plastic strap that is used around a package of yard waste bags.

On occassion I have seen him walking around with one around his waste!

Then one day I saw him flip and twist it over his head by biting on the edge of it.

Here are a couple of pics of him walking around "wearing " his "cummerbund".

20170221_122927.jpg
20170206_132602.jpg

In the above picture he is wearing his cummerbund AND is playing with his new christmas toy.....he ignored the actual toy and went for the wrapping instead.

And here is greg with the old standby....an exciting new cardboard box.
20181215_144907.jpg

20181215_144525.jpg

Last edited:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat likes to play with my neckties whenever she can get into the bedroom closet. She pulls them down and drags them around the house.

She's also been known to get a small dry turd from the cat box and play with that (EEEWWW!).

It's not like she doesn't have any other toys to play with...

Last edited:

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uncooked spaghetti (no other pasta) - chased and broken into small parts
Green olives - same treatment as to when she finds a live bug

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
All my cats have loved to play with aluminum foil crumpled up into a ball. They bat it across the floor and love the sound.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Twisty ties, hair ties, uncooked pasta, crumbled paper, packaging paper from fedex; layed out across the floor or cumbled, my broken phone case, my wallet, sticks and bugs, ME! ... Ghosts probably.

Twisty ties and hairties are locked up unless under supervision to avoid any mishaps. Never had a mishap but certainly don't have the money to risk it.

Sometimes I'll take a handful of her fur I've brushed out and wad it into a ball, she's convinced it's an animal!

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra hides and "attacks" the lower part of my legs with her front paws when I walk past one of her hiding places. I haven't paid for my legs but..................
P7120810.JPG