Things Potentially Getting Better..?

cmf1011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So for the past week I've been posting about my issues with my new Kitten Luna (12 weeks) and my resident cat Noodles (5 years old) and them not getting along. I'm not sure if things are getting better so I'd appreciate a second opinion. Since we got Luna when she encountered noodles she'd hiss at noodles and noodles would run away and hide for hours until she felt it was safe. Then Luna stopped hissing at noodles and began chase playing with her but THEN Noodles started hissing at Luna and then running away and hiding for hours. But now Noodles is starting to come out more even if Luna is out and is less nervous when seeing her, but shes still running away when Luna chases her and will hide for like 10 minutes and then come out again. Tonight I noticed that Noodles actually didn't hiss at Luna, but I don't know if that means anything. I know I'm supposed to have her couped up in a room (my bedroom) until they are properly introduced, but it bothers my family members. I keep them separated as much as possible other wise when I am home. Could this be considered to be improvement? Also since we got Luna about a week and a half ago she has improved in other aspects. She stopped hissing all together, she actually started using the litter box all by herself so that's a plus, and she kind of has a routine with me. When shes been out all day in the rest of the house I make sure to bring her back to my room so noodles can have her time out in the rest of the house. Once I bring her into my room she plays with whatever toys I give for a couple minutes and then she'll curl up next to my feet under my desk while I'm doing work and she will sleep for hours.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, this is absolutely good progress forward!!
Good for you, keep doing what you're doing, and let us know how things go, this is terrific news!

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
YES, YES! This is good forward progress! Not every introduction is, or can be, done "by the book," but you have found a way to balance the cats' needs with the household's needs, and it is working. Just keep on keeping on. You guys are doing find.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a HUGE improvement.
The very fact that Noodles would hide for hours, but now runs then comes out 10 minutes later shows interest, curiosity and bravery and odds are in a few more weeks they'll actually be playing.