Things In Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
No, different creative discipline! I’m a voracious reader. :) Let’s see...we have a Belgian, an American from Montenegro, and an Englishman. (The middle one is probably not common knowledge. I probably shouldn’t have used it.)

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Each is a habit, characteristic, or activity of what kind of fictional character? Also, each has a sidekick.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the name "Kills" common to a Belgian botanist i.e. (orchid), to an American violinist (violin) and to an English rock band (Grey Cells) . I know that names are not "things" but neither are activities. I give up hoping my rival game solvers can do better. :hellocomputer:

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the name "Kills" common to a Belgian botanist i.e. (orchid), to an American violinist (violin) and to an English rock band (Grey Cells) . I know that names are not "things" but neither are activities. I give up hoping my rival game solvers can do better. :hellocomputer:
I'm stumped

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I’m afraid my clues were too obscure, golondrina golondrina . I was thinking of fictional detectives: Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot who used his “little grey cells” to solve murders; Rex Stout’s Nero Wolfe who grew orchids; and Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes who took refuge in playing the violin when he was troubled. I should have gone with their sidekicks: Hastings, Goodwin, and Watson!

Your turn, golondrina golondrina ! I blew this one. :paperbag:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I’m afraid my clues were too obscure, golondrina golondrina . I was thinking of fictional detectives: Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot who used his “little grey cells” to solve murders; Rex Stout’s Nero Wolfe who grew orchids; and Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes who took refuge in playing the violin when he was troubled. I should have gone with their sidekicks: Hastings, Goodwin, and Watson!

Your turn, golondrina golondrina ! I blew this one. :paperbag:
Your turn , Drina. I answered correctly but didn't read the this post.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your turn , Drina. I answered correctly but didn't read the this post.
Thanks Tobermorey and Mia but one of my daughters will be here in a couple of miinutes to get me to spend all day away from home. And you DID get the right answer Mia, so please take your turn as you should. :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Drina, I keep taking breaks to rest for a bit. false is kind of close.
What is a slang term term for someone who is dishonest? A hem can be
this word as well and so can tie as in men's tie,

Status
Not open for further replies.