They have Rabbit!

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For whatever reason I decided to check the Wholefoods4Pets web site again last night.They are once again accepting orders. I am debating if I should order from them. I live in CA so they are closer than Hare Today but, Hare today has more than rabbit. I have deiced to get a freezer and stock up. I very much like feeding raw. I even enjoy preparing and freezing the food.Primal is good and my cats like it but I want to have more in my rotation. I just wish the West coast had a place to order from. To compare cost I went through Hare today and put together an order that I didn't place and 50 lbs will cost more than $200 plus shipping. It sounds like a lot but that is an awful lot of food. Enough to last for months so compared to canned I am still saving a lot of money.When I told hubby my plans he groaned and said " I knew this would get big". I will have  put the freezer in my office but who cares, it is my office.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you checked out My Pet Carnivore ? They ship from Indiannapolis, and have LOTS of different proteins. I do not know if they have a minimum order.
I too finally--after saying I would for two years--got a freezer at a yard sale for $50. Right size for what I need.
I only have ordered once from Hare Today (pre-freezer). I will be watching their sales; missed the one for Rabbit fur and all. Once factor that keeps me from ordering is the minimum amount, and volume. What if Ritz doesn't like the food? Only one cat in the community cat colony will eat raw, and I don't see him all the time.

Last edited:

silverpersian

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One more vote for mypetcarnivore. They add new products regularly and have excellent customer service. I don't see a minimum listed for orders.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And, do keep a look out for sales; HT and My Pet Carnivore have them frequently. I'd go that route for proteins I can't buy in the USA, like Llama or kangaroo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to take a look at all suggested sites. HT looks incredible. I just gasped when I realized that it would cost me over $60 just for 3-day shipping.As you may know I have been feeding primal Grinds and Pronto and some of the complete meals.I belive someone wrote that the meats from HT are pasteurized.I am not sure if that offers protection. One of my cats is FIV+ and I liked that much of the Primal uses HPP. A couple months ago that cat ( Remy) had to be on a Rabbit only diet to see if he had food allergies ( he doesn't) and I just could not afford to by the Royal Cannin so I did feed Primal Rabbit and he did well with it. I have also been encouraged by the fact that the famous Chumley is a raw feeder. I am off to check the sites you all suggested. I think raw feeding is terrific and I am ready to branch out from commercial. I will get my freezer this weekend. I already have 20 days prepared in the freezer in my kitchen so no rush but, I am excited.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can contact Hare Today and ask if they have any pet stores in your area that sells their products. That would eliminate shipping costs. There's an independent pet store here where I can buy Hare Today products. The selection the store carries isn't as huge as direct ordering from Hare Today but it's good enough for my finicky cats.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A question for those who use My Pet Carnivore. Do you need to add supplements to the whole grinds? I know that HT does not use the head etc. and MPC does. I know I read about this somewhere but cannot now find the info. I did not get my freezer this weekend because Remy is sick and I spent that money at the vet. I thought I would still like to place a small order. MPC is closer to me so I reason shipping will cost less. Also, the site does not list percentage of bone in the fine grind. Does anyone know? Thanks all.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Disregard my last post. I found the info.If I had been patient enough to scroll to the bottom of the MPC page I would have seen bone content at between 10 and 15%. I am going to stick with my primal for now. HT is worth it if you order a large amount but without a freezer that isn't happening. MPC is less expensive but still $48 shipping on 3 items. No way.I will get the freezer in the next month and then I can do it.