These 2 Can't Figure It Out

torilee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My one Queen just came into heat, and has been trying to breed with my one stud to no avail. He has sired one litter, and you would think he would have things down, but no. She is a virgin, and this is their first time together. They are Maine Coons, and she is quite large and long, which might be making things difficult, but he is larger and longer so I'm not sure. I feel like he is just hitting her back, but I'm not sure. Sometimes it appears like he gets close and he thrusts, but she has yet to let out the signature howl in front of me. Could he be "in" and she just isn't extremely vocal, aside from growls? So, I guess my question is is there anything I can do to help this boy hit his target or figure things out? Or do I risk this heat being a dud because they just can't get the job done? It will be day 3 of her cycle soon, so please any advice would be great!! I really want this pairing to be successful!! Thanks in advance.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Chances big they had sicceed already. Its most hullyballoo at the very first mating. The following tends to be calmer. Were they

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the same girl who you thought might be pregnant?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Were they good friends before the matings started? Or hostile and or full courtship war? Are they friends and companions now?

If so they HAD mated successfully and mow its just dessert. Dont prolong it too long!

Observe also they are more fertile after a couple of days than the first day of the heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

torilee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this the same girl who you thought might be pregnant?
Yes it is. I believe she either had a false pregnancy or wasn’t to begin with. This same girl is giving me all these problems. All the reading and researching couldn’t even prepared me for this.

torilee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Were they good friends before the matings started? Or hostile and or full courtship war? Are they friends and companions now?

If so they HAD mated successfully and mow its just dessert. Dont prolong it too long!

Observe also they are more fertile after a couple of days than the first day of the heat.
I wouldn’t say they were good friends, as she generally doesn’t even let him near her aside from when she’s in heat. Now, they are getting along but I believe that is just because she’s in heat. They aren’t being overly affectionate. He seems to not be as interested in mating with her since yesterday afternoon. Like I had asked above, when I had seen them mating and thought he was missing, might he have actually penetrated her without her screaming and just growling? Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its certainly fully possible! In in fact, its my guess by the sounds(!) of it.

torilee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, its certainly fully possible! In in fact, its my guess by the sounds(!) of it.
I really hope you are correct!! Really want this pairing to happen.