There Never Seems To Be A Right Time

Seattlefem51

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is during our darkest hours we rely heavily on faith. Over the last few weeks it’s like time has stood still. I have watched my beautiful boy Harry waste away from some horrible disease. I could spend the money to find out what exactly made him so sick but I won’t put him through it.
I did everything I could to help him but there comes a time when you realize it’s time to let him go and be with God. I made an appointment on Saturday than cancelled. Today, as I listened to my Harry cry and watch him stumble I realized I need to let him go. He ate a little of the food I gave him. Got some water then sat right next to me as I worked. He looked at me with those big beautiful green eyes and wanted to be held. Maybe I want to think he knew I needed to hold him one last time. As much as cry for little beautiful fur baby I’m so thankful that I was blessed with him in my life for almost a decade. I will cry more tonight I will cry tomorrow and the day after. My faith tells me to be strong for this beautiful soul who’s body is giving out. Cats truly are amazing creatures. I will miss his smile and his physical presence but I know God is calling you Home, Harry. This my thank you to you Harry. Thank you for letting me love you for almost 10 years. While it’s breaking my heart I know it’s time to let go. I will never forget you Harry. I love so much.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While it’s breaking my heart I know it’s time to let go.
My heartfelt sympathies are with you but it's the kindest gift you can give to your beloved Harry. As a good friend once told me, "it's better to let them go one day too early than to let them suffer in pain." Tomorrow Harry will run and frolic with all the cats before him who have gone to the Bridge. :angel:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm awfully sorry to hear about Harry. It's clear from your post that you love and care about him; however it sounds to me as if he's suffering, and I wouldn't think you'd want that. Not after he's given you ten years of love and dedication.

If he is in fact beyond help please take him to a vet and have him humanely euthanized. As we're fond of saying here, alleviating their suffering is the last kindness we can show them.

Again, I'm so sorry for you and for your Harry.