Then and now...what a difference! How did your cats grow?

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I was browsing my photos this morning, and came across the kitten photos. I couldn't believe the change he's undergone between when we found him outside, when we brought him into the house at 1.7lb(too small even to give kitten shots) and now...5.7lbs, and I'm sure he's filled out since September's appointment.

This is not long after we "met" him, as a tiny stray, often losing out in the family's spats for food. He was so adorable ad the first time I put out a can of food, he took the entire can-wouldn't let anyone else near it! This little baby growled while he polished off 3oz of wet wood on his own and put his claws in the heads of any takers.I had to put out 2 more tins and a plate of dry food before the family were satisfied that first day.

We brought him into the house on August 22,2013...10weeks old, 1.7lbs  and so skinny that you could see every bone. His family seemed to have rejected him, a week ago they had stopped coming around except for him, and the tomcat we pegged as his father wouldn't socialize with him anymore. We vetted him, but shots had to wait due to his low body weight.

2nd shots, 3lbs and best friends with our resident, Matt the Cat. This was around the time Matt fell ill so they shared the carrier to the vet. He now sleeps and plays with Matt whenever possible, but doesn't like being groomed lol.

And here he is now...5.7lbs as of last app in late Oct. He gets around, and explores, but isn;t a troublemaker at all(I had feared that in a kitten-never planned to have one)This the day I was making bread, and dropped some flour...he investigated and got the cutest white nose for his trouble :) I love this photo..

I'm sure he's bigger now, but he doesn't see a vet until somethime in the new year for his neuter(we're running late, because school's got us so increadibly busy)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing how fast they grow up! Looking at my boy Spencer at almost 17 pounds, I can't believe that he was every a kitten that I cradled in my arms.  Trying to cradle him now is like holding a squirming bag of potatoes!  LOL

Your babies are beautiful!

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those photos are super cute, &I had the same realization with my kitten when I was going through her photos on my phone a couple of weeks ago. How old is your kitten now?

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a cool idea! Your kitties are too sweet - I love black cats, and black kittens always look so super fluffy and soft!

Here is Mourek at around 10 weeks (he was the tiniest of his litter, his mum was a stray and the people at the rescue didn't think he would survive long as a stray because he is so polite. Super smart, but very polite and reserved, lets other cats do everything first. lol.)

...and here is Mourek a few weeks ago, at 3 years old. We are all thrilled that he didn't get much bigger, and the way he behaves, it seems like he just doesn't age at all!

oh - yes, he really does have a little white spot on his toe :D

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It's amazing how fast they grow up! Looking at my boy Spencer at almost 17 pounds, I can't believe that he was every a kitten that I cradled in my arms.  Trying to cradle him now is like holding a squirming bag of potatoes!  LOL

Your babies are beautiful!
I can relate-Our Matt was 3 years, fresh off the streets and only 8lbs when we took him from the shelter......now he's a  4 yr old, 15lb lump who likes to stretch full length across my arms, because he knows he can trust me to cradle him! lol.

Midnight's 6 months now, and still growing.....he looks like a puma :) 

My favorite part of the day has become the morning wrestling match, when he's let out of the room he sleeps in and the two of them wrestle all over the house and up and down the furnature! They miss each other at night but if I left him out, we'd never get any sleep! lol

Mourik is adorable :)

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both beautiful and how they can grow..I've only had one cat since she was a kitten.

Our only remain girl Lil' Jag. We found her as a 3.5 month old kitten at about 2.5-3 pounds.

With her adopted mom Kuce (who passed away last year) at about 5 months.

Taken last year at 8 years old and 12 pounds.

She can be a sweetheart but at times a little spoiled Princess.

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a little beauty! I LOVE Kuce's (R.I.P.) tail.....such lovely stripes on her

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Matts mom.

Kuce's tail was pretty in person and her fur as soft as cashmere. She was 11 years old in the picture and 19 years when she passed. She had all of the personality and structure of  Turkish Van but we couldn't prove she was as she was adopted from a kill shelter.

Lil' Jag though highly likely a Persian cross. Guess we'll have to wait till we get enough for a test to see what happens.

Both of  your cats are adorable.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Bagel was 9 weeks old when we got him from the rescue in August 2013. Fleas, URI, coccidia, ear mites, you name it - he had'em. He still has herpes flareups and has congestion issues. 

He is now a pretty big guy - was six pounds when he got neutered in October or so. He probably weighs close to 9 or 10 pounds now. He's such a doofus, more like a dog than a cat at all. Super outgoing, always in your face, talks a lot, and still suckles!

Lox was the first pet I adopted. She just turned two when we got her in July 2012. Super underweight at 5.5 pounds, she was also very afraid of being touched, and quite moody at the time.

Flash forward today. She is so chill now. She loves human women, and will entertain us with a little belly dance. She's fine to be petted, even by strangers and guests. Takes a few minutes for her to open up, and she's been a little blue because of Bagel reaching adolescence.

She is now around 7-8 pounds, and is quite the looker.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here is Mercedes at a few weeks old

Here she is at about 3 years old

Here is Munchie at probably 5 months old

At about 4 years old (yes he is the same cat he just darkened that much)  Tiggles is the baby kitten

Tiggles as an adult

Mini Dee at about 2 months old

At about 1 year old.

I don't have any baby pictures of DeeJay on my computer

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Monster at 10 days and 7 months

Bear at 4 weeks and 13 years

Mr. Kitty at 7 weeks and 11 years

Muffin at 4 weeks and 7 years

Sammy at 4 weeks and 6 years

Toby at 8 weeks and 5 years

Lilly at 10 months and 7 years, mostly just the amount of hair has changed.

I have to add my dog Sky since today is her 7th birthday

Sky at 8 weeks and 7 years

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So many beautiful cats! (and a very cute dog) thank you all for sharing your beautiful babies

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ziggy is currently 5 months, 2weeks and 4days old 
Here she is at almost 4weeks old clinging to my chest

Here is my boyfriend holding her when she turned 4weeks old, you can see how tiny she was!

Here she is snoozing on my chest at almost 6weeks old

Here she is at almost 7weeks old when I first took her home

Here she is at 8weeks old, her eye looks funny here no idea why

Here she is at 9 weeks old half asleep lol

Here she is at 11 weeks old fighting with a baggie 

Here she is at 3 months old, she learned how to get onto window sills at this point.

Here she is 4months old

Here she is at 5months old!

sinthari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  I absolutely love the pictures!!!!! Especially the gradually growing ones, amazing how fast they grow and how different they look! Sinthari, your Cheri pics are adorable, I love how they line up!

Here is Maia from tiny tot......

I'm not sure how old she is, but when I brought her home she didn't know how to eat solid food and her eyes were barely open! She had no clue what kitty litter was and after she simply couldn't hold it any more, she peed on my bed! I felt so bad for the little girl! I brought her home after meeting someone at a subway station in Brooklyn, NY, who pulled her out of a duffel bag. She literally fit in the palm of my hand.

This was her first day drinking replacement milk......

Her first couple weeks, she had the cutest bat ears to grow into!

This is my little girl in my lap, the only place she wouldn't scream if I wasn't holding her in my arms......

Here she is around 3 months tackling a teddy bear. You can see her Tabby markings are starting to show

Here she is around 5-6 months sleeping next to me at our friends house, my friend took pic while I was past out

Here she is around 3 years old, admiring herself in the mirror....

Here she is going on 8 years old, my best friend!

missmitzi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have such a beautiful cat!!! I have a black cat too :) it tears me up, watching them grow up so fast :')

smilax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg Cherry is gorgeous! And Maia... She is adorable! I've had got a tabby cat just like Maia years ago, her name was Aida, she reminds me of her so much. I miss her, she passed because she was old, that was more than ten years ago.

We can see how big they are now and how tiny when they came to us. Isn't it great?

This is Emilio, he came when he was 4-5 months, now he is almost 11, look at him, I'm trapped! I love him so!

Last edited: