The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting up in bed. Well.leaning against the TV cushion.
Had a good night's sleep. That was nice.
I've been, forgotten what I was going to say!!!
Oh well have a nice day everybody.
I hope your migraine goes quickly Winchester Winchester

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out why Nala Ava Marie doesn't like fishing pole toys.....and she's losing interest in her laser pointers too! Are there any other toys she might like?
If she's old enough, there's anything filled with catnip.  Besides that, I've always found a paper shopping bag to be an extremely effective toy, there are krinkle balls, the ever-reliable box, wadded up paper, a lid from a milk carton, the ring from the lid of a milk carton, the ring from the lid of a bottle of vitamins, a ball with a bell in it...

In general, from the cat's viewpoint, the best toys are anything the human is using, or anything that wasn't originally intended to be a cat toy.

If you want to make a good toy, get a small pizza box (one that never had pizza in it -- if you're regular customers the pizza place should be willing to give you one), cut down a tube from the center of a roll of toilet paper to make a couple of internal columns so it will be stronger, and then cut various holes in the lid for the cat to reach through.  Then put a ball or a grocery store mousie inside.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Margd, @foxxycat, http://dentaldominion.blogspot.com/2011/08/dentists-poem-by-ogden-nash.html.  (I don't know why the @ tag isn't working properly.)

Well I was going to go to my computer club tonight.  I normally take the laptop along with me, but tonight when I turned it off to put it in its bag it informed me that it was about to install updates and I shouldn't turn it off or unplug it.  I figured that by the time it finished installing updates there wouldn't be much point in going, so I stayed home instead.  I'm about to head to the grocery store (I love all-night groceries) for more cashew milk and then head to bed.

Margret

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Judy. Migraine seems to be on its way out, thankfully. Still here, but very low-key and I can handle it.

For the past two days, I have had pain in the top of the back of my left leg....thinking it might be a bit of sciatica, just to remind me that I'm 61 years old. This morning the leg really hurt, but I walked on the treadmill anyway (I have found that I can walk a lot of aches and pains away for the most part or at least keep things down to a dull roar). It worked and that pain is dissipating. For now anyway. I hate being reminded that I'm not young anymore. 

So sitting here at the computer and drinking my coffee....telling myself that I can start work any time now. And still I sit here.

@Margd, hope your dental surgery goes well. (I hate the dentist. I really hate the dentist.)

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Margret- thank you! Enjoyed that! How are you doing?

Winchester=you probably need to stretch those legs AFTER you warm up=I have pulled my back more times from not warming up first-because I just want to stretch the pain away.

Glad your treadmill is still working.

Last night was a nice quick meeting with dad and his girl-they had to leave to feed their pets-she has dogs and cats and let my dad drive her car=got a kick out of that :)

Wont be able to talk to the contractor for deck until the weekend-I put in to work-and got to go to the gym after work-took 3 days off with only walking on those days-have to get down to eating better food-been lazy about food lately-I just don't enjoy cooking anymore-so tonight after work got to figure out some dinners to cook up that fussy pants (Jon) will eat-and if he doesn't- well- shrugs shoulders=he got some of his own snacks he wanted-I got him to start eating protein bars instead of candy bars.

Today is warm in the 70s so will need to water my plants that are trying to grow-in a week everything will pop up and I still need to buy compost and weed-then the gym-then sleep-oh and read too late at night-can't complain. Got a good life even if things annoy me more than they used to-maybe I need a time out-like the gym-and workout my anger-so I don't erupt and hurt those who love me...that inner rage...women are not shown its ok to be angry-something different lately I am trying to resolve-rage-and letting things go-my daily lesson=just like that Disney movie that says "just let it go" Frozen I believe?!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you @foxxycat.  I adore Ogden Nash.  He was an incredibly funny man, not to mention ingenious.

I'm well, just feeling foolish.  I fell asleep in front of the television and woke up to a stupid infomercial.  I'm about to get some breakfast and take a nap, then I have a new rose bush to plant.  We've been getting quite a bit of rain in the last week, and it's sunny out today; should be good for planting things.

Did you know that Peace roses have gone out of patent?  I know they've been around for a long time, but it still surprised me.

Margret

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know there were patents for roses-one learns something new everyday-

As far as planting-its best to plant when its cloudy and wet out-it doesn't shock the roots as much-or you can wait until the sun goes behind the trees. Don't forget to fill that hole up all the way with water before putting the plant in the ground-this helps those roots expand and get established and of course water daily for the first 10 days-but you probably already knew this. At least that's what my mom told me to do-and If I transplanted on a sunny day they would wilt a bit. But sometimes we don't have a choice-especially if its down pouring rains!

Last night hit the gym but not as long as I wanted-was starving and made it worse-so now I have to eat before I workout-I ran out of fuel and didn't finish the hour.

Got home and was going to make blts because it was so hot out-a little doggy came into our yard and no one claimed it..so after I got Jon to put the groceries away and I went in to change-I didn't have a leash so used the strap from a ratchet strap to wrap around the collar and guide miss doggy around the neighborhood. one neighbor hung out with us looking for the owner-another neighbor let us borrow a real leash and a coil type cable to put in the ground and have her tied up in front of my lawn-I didn't want to leave her-I don't have good feelings about local animal control as they often put down animals not claimed so we - six of us-decided we would keep her for a few days until we got ahold of the local vets to scan for a chip. Even though neighbor had already called the animal control person before I came back-no big deal-they were back logged and couldn't come out for 2 hours anyways..

We sat outside for 2 hours burning sandlewood inscense and cigerettes to keep those horrible may flies away-they HURT! and the dog was such a good girl. she runs around like a nut-and jumps and licks but doesn't bark. small border colie type dog-fresh clean fur-no dog smell-teeth nice and clean-eyes clear-looked around 3 to 5 but still hyper like a teenager.

-luckily. the owner drove by around 7:30 and we saw a caravan driving slowly through and heard yelling-so we figured it was her-she was mad at the kid-evidently the kid didn't pay attention and "Jossie" took off like a bullet-saw her cuff him a few times-hes older-13/14 age but she was crying so I knew it was fear of loosing her dog. She said she locked the keys in the house and had to drive to dover to get the spare key or something about a key locked and needed to go to Dover-hense why the dog was loose for 90 minutes-takes 30 min to get to Dover from here and back another 30 so we were happy that Doggy went home. the girl who was keeping the dog in her yard was glad that they didn't have to take in another dog as she has 2 already and my other neighbor the mom and son already has a cat and I have 3 cats-and Jon says to me later-" I would have let her stay here for a couple days"  first he didn't want to sit with us-he says don't worry about the dog-when I was cooking supper-I said I cant just abandon the dog=I am the one who found her-so of course Jon says well maybe we can find a better behaved dog-and of course the cats were not happy.

Miss Jossie chased Floey but only because Floey came up to her and the dog was too hyper-the dog just wanted to sniff her-This was in front of the steps. It was so great having this sweet dog just love to be held like a baby and very gentle. no biting or barking. And they groomed her-nice smelling fur-brushed, nails clipped. So glad she got returned to owner-the dog gravitated towards the neighbor with the dogs-she whined when she would go in her house-but didn't whine when we moved away from the yard. Floey was hanging out at the yard across from us almost looking like she wanted to come over and get pets. She is more dog like than cat-she used to walk the neighborhood with us. So I had a good evening for a change.

Read for 2 hours and passed out. And we will see what goes on today.

She was a sweety!

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know there were patents for roses-one learns something new everyday-

As far as planting-its best to plant when its cloudy and wet out-it doesn't shock the roots as much-or you can wait until the sun goes behind the trees. Don't forget to fill that hole up all the way with water before putting the plant in the ground-this helps those roots expand and get established and of course water daily for the first 10 days-but you probably already knew this. At least that's what my mom told me to do-and If I transplanted on a sunny day they would wilt a bit. But sometimes we don't have a choice-especially if its down pouring rains!

Last night hit the gym but not as long as I wanted-was starving and made it worse-so now I have to eat before I workout-I ran out of fuel and didn't finish the hour.

Got home and was going to make blts because it was so hot out-a little doggy came into our yard and no one claimed it..so after I got Jon to put the groceries away and I went in to change-I didn't have a leash so used the strap from a ratchet strap to wrap around the collar and guide miss doggy around the neighborhood. one neighbor hung out with us looking for the owner-another neighbor let us borrow a real leash and a coil type cable to put in the ground and have her tied up in front of my lawn-I didn't want to leave her-I don't have good feelings about local animal control as they often put down animals not claimed so we - six of us-decided we would keep her for a few days until we got ahold of the local vets to scan for a chip. Even though neighbor had already called the animal control person before I came back-no big deal-they were back logged and couldn't come out for 2 hours anyways..

We sat outside for 2 hours burning sandlewood inscense and cigerettes to keep those horrible may flies away-they HURT! and the dog was such a good girl. she runs around like a nut-and jumps and licks but doesn't bark. small border colie type dog-fresh clean fur-no dog smell-teeth nice and clean-eyes clear-looked around 3 to 5 but still hyper like a teenager.

-luckily. the owner drove by around 7:30 and we saw a caravan driving slowly through and heard yelling-so we figured it was her-she was mad at the kid-evidently the kid didn't pay attention and "Jossie" took off like a bullet-saw her cuff him a few times-hes older-13/14 age but she was crying so I knew it was fear of loosing her dog. She said she locked the keys in the house and had to drive to dover to get the spare key or something about a key locked and needed to go to Dover-hense why the dog was loose for 90 minutes-takes 30 min to get to Dover from here and back another 30 so we were happy that Doggy went home. the girl who was keeping the dog in her yard was glad that they didn't have to take in another dog as she has 2 already and my other neighbor the mom and son already has a cat and I have 3 cats-and Jon says to me later-" I would have let her stay here for a couple days"  first he didn't want to sit with us-he says don't worry about the dog-when I was cooking supper-I said I cant just abandon the dog=I am the one who found her-so of course Jon says well maybe we can find a better behaved dog-and of course the cats were not happy.

Miss Jossie chased Floey but only because Floey came up to her and the dog was too hyper-the dog just wanted to sniff her-This was in front of the steps. It was so great having this sweet dog just love to be held like a baby and very gentle. no biting or barking. And they groomed her-nice smelling fur-brushed, nails clipped. So glad she got returned to owner-the dog gravitated towards the neighbor with the dogs-she whined when she would go in her house-but didn't whine when we moved away from the yard. Floey was hanging out at the yard across from us almost looking like she wanted to come over and get pets. She is more dog like than cat-she used to walk the neighborhood with us. So I had a good evening for a change.

Read for 2 hours and passed out. And we will see what goes on today.

She was a sweety!
What a beautiful dog. They have soft fur. Lovely.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in bed. It's 5.50am. Woke up at 5. Had a good night's sleep.
Whisky is sitting next to me with his back to me. Oh well. He's gone. Sigh.
Got the whole family coming tonight. My daughter does the cooking.
It's so nice now that I get 4 hours to myself now everyday except Saturday.
I finished that awful book and am reading a book written in 1888 by a young woman who committed suicide age 27. Sad.
I'm getting tired. Hope I'll go back to sleep.
Later ladies and gents.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Watching my bestie getting tattooed, waiting for my turn. I decided sort of on a whim to get one today; a lot of shops are doing $20 specials for Friday the Thirteenth. I wasn't planning on getting one because you have to pick off a sheet, but the shop we're at right now has a little black cat that I fell in love with.
I just realized, too, that Onyx (my little black cat) is the thirteenth cat that I've had in my life. Kinda perfect! Now I feel like I should get one for Ruby too, though. :lol3:

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here catching up and trying to figure out what I am doing today. Aaron's golfing, so I'm on my own, but I'm trying to get over a cold, so some of my options are limited.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here exhausted after a 10 hour shift, followed by an hour and a half of "bat in the house" fun. Thank god the cat had the eagle eye and saw the creepy thing crawling out of my ductwork (*vomits in head*) before I went to bed. Thanking God his rabies vaccine is up to date, and that it stayed far from me before flying out a window. Barf

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a bat in the house once.  We just shut the cats out of that room, left the sliding glass door open, and went to bed, hoping it would fly out and that nothing else would come in during the night!  

@AbbysMom   I'm doing the same.  DH is off on a motorcycle ride so I'm on my own this morning.  Trying to decide whether to do housework/chores or goof off.    

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goof off=outside in the sunshine :p

I am stuck at work-should have taken this weekend off-but next weekend I am taking off-spent some time reading yard sales on craigslist-hopefully there will still be good ones next weekend-and of course I need to drop stuff off at salvation army-or those yellow bins for recycling clothes-I have decided to give up ever getting smaller again-all my small clothes I am sending away-if I do get smaller=just buy second hand but then again so hard to find boot cut anything as I cant stand tight pants-so not sure what to do-I need to get rid of so much stuff-kitchen stuff-Christmas stuff I never use anymore-kitchen appliances I don't use-plates=dishes and the general crap we drag from house to house.

Tonight is flower shopping at Studleys in Rochester. They have my flowers I get every year and a coupon since they run pricy. Then home to start weeding-hoping I am not starving when I get out of here-I don't have time to cook dinner-I have been making blts every night-quick easy and not heavy. But I used up all the bacon...so not sure-maybe the honey will grab a pizza-so pretty outside this morning=all the trees leaves are popping open-this week will be so pretty!

Working tomorrow too and will come home after work to work on the yard some more and stop reading so much.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a bat in the house once.  We just shut the cats out of that room, left the sliding glass door open, and went to bed, hoping it would fly out and that nothing else would come in during the night!  :lol3:

@AbbysMom
  I'm doing the same.  DH is off on a motorcycle ride so I'm on my own this morning.  Trying to decide whether to do housework/chores or goof off.    :seesaw:
How's that been going for you? :lol3: So far the only useful things I have done today are clean a fan we took out of storage so it will be ready to use when it gets hot, and attempted to clean out the drain for the bathtub. It's been going down really slow lately. :nod: I may go wild and run the dishwasher soon. :lol3: It's already 3:30, so I don't see my activity level picking up any time soon. :lol3:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

We had a bat in the house once.  We just shut the cats out of that room, left the sliding glass door open, and went to bed, hoping it would fly out and that nothing else would come in during the night!  

@AbbysMom
  I'm doing the same.  DH is off on a motorcycle ride so I'm on my own this morning.  Trying to decide whether to do housework/chores or goof off.    
How's that been going for you?
So far the only useful things I have done today are clean a fan we took out of storage so it will be ready to use when it gets hot, and attempted to clean out the drain for the bathtub. It's been going down really slow lately.
I may go wild and run the dishwasher soon.
It's already 3:30, so I don't see my activity level picking up any time soon.
Whoa, the dishwasher!  Don't overdo!  

I pretty much opted for goofing off.  
  I've done a couple of computer maintenance chores, and a lot of web surfing, and hanging out with cats.  The weather turned out to be warmer and sunnier than forecasted, so I opened up the house and have been outside enjoying the weather.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching my bestie getting tattooed, waiting for my turn. I decided sort of on a whim to get one today; a lot of shops are doing $20 specials for Friday the Thirteenth. I wasn't planning on getting one because you have to pick off a sheet, but the shop we're at right now has a little black cat that I fell in love with.
I just realized, too, that Onyx (my little black cat) is the thirteenth cat that I've had in my life. Kinda perfect! Now I feel like I should get one for Ruby too, though. :lol3:
Good luck. Is this your first? ,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a bat in the house once.  We just shut the cats out of that room, left the sliding glass door open, and went to bed, hoping it would fly out and that nothing else would come in during the night!  :lol3:

@AbbysMom
  I'm doing the same.  DH is off on a motorcycle ride so I'm on my own this morning.  Trying to decide whether to do housework/chores or goof off.    :seesaw:
Oh goof off. Why should the men have all the fun.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took my duvet off this morning so I'm lying on my bed with just a sheet and the air conditioner going. It's about 100°f and probably hotter tomorrow.
Lazy lazy day. Did nothing. I'm getting tired.
Good night. Have a good day you lot smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.