The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Was holding onto Oliver while the lady that lives with us went upstairs for the night. He freaked out because he really wanted to go up there (but I hold onto him every night, not something unusual). Anyway, ended up with claws in my belly :/ So been wiping them down with alcohol. Fun fun.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 9.40am and I'm lying in bed. It's much too early to even thing of getting up - I've just been joined by blighty who is lying between my ankles washing. I'll hav
to get up earlier than usual though. I'm going out for lunch with my sister. She'll be going back to England on Wednesday and will be back here in a couple oweeks. Yesterday I had to go for my monthly visit to my shrink. Worry not my insurance pays for it. Then I went shopping and bought three tunics to go with my tights. I walked further on and bought a pair of knickers for my sister.She doesn't where or what to buy. Granny knickers. I then walked all the was back to an Italian. Restaurant. I go there once ammonth after seeing my lovely shrink called Tamara. I had a starter with fresh made bread, a little bowl of cheese, a little bowl of spice olive oil and a little bowl of coriander. Jolly nice. Then I had pasta with a sauce made from assort of nut, the name of which I have forgotten. They're a small but with the the shell slightly open..anybody know more in mean?
It was nice and interesting. Got home in quite a bit of pain. My back was hurting more than usual and my left shoulder was killing me. I have an inflammation and it's practically stopped use of my left hand. It's strange. I'm a righty but use my left hand for so many things.
I got into bed at midnight and was on TCS till 5.30 am. Decided to go to sleep. I might as well stayed awake
To day I'll have lunch my older and tiny sister. She pays the bill and I pay the tip. Then I'll have a very good but inexpensive manicure. Then back to her lovely apartment. Stay backlittle and then come home to my babies b who'll

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry. Who will colorway ignore me .I'm just the maid. My ex is the one who they adore.
I suppose I'd better get up if I want to be on time.
Bye bye. You all have good day.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting here, absolutely in shock, about David Bowie. Lemmy was a pretty big loss, but I wasn't a huge fan. But Bowie? Omg. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I'm sitting here, absolutely in shock, about David Bowie. Lemmy was a pretty big loss, but I wasn't a huge fan. But Bowie? Omg. 
I read about him this morning. I knew he had cancer, but didn't know he was that bad. While I wasn't a huge Bowie fan, I did like him. And I loved some of his older stuff. It's like the end of an era with some of the rock musicians we're losing. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I read about him this morning. I knew he had cancer, but didn't know he was that bad. While I wasn't a huge Bowie fan, I did like him. And I loved some of his older stuff. It's like the end of an era with some of the rock musicians we're losing. 
:yeah: What a shock!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

:yeah: What a shock!
:yeah: It's so strange. I was loading up my Ipod yesterday and listening to some of his music.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Just found out my friend's kitty picked up a virus when she got spayed and they think it's wet FIP. So asking for good vibes for my friend to get through this. She got this girl after her last kitten died from a twisted intestine before he could have surgery. Feeling so bad for her right now. Not a "good news" day it seems :(

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just found out my friend's kitty picked up a virus when she got spayed and they think it's wet FIP. So asking for good vibes for my friend to get through this. She got this girl after her last kitten died from a twisted intestine before he could have surgery. Feeling so bad for her right now. Not a "good news" day it seems :(
sending 
  for your friend...

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie's Composure chews arrived! They're huge! Only 30 in package. Just as I was going to cut it in half for her to chew more easily I accidentally dropped it on the floor and she managed to eat it![emoji]128570[/emoji] She's calmly sitting on my lap right now, being such an angelic little kitten. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji] I also went to PetCo and got her their store version of calming chews, 60 for $9.99 instead of 30 for $14.99 or $11.99 or whatever I paid for Composure brand. Should last quite awhile. Since the instructions say to only give one chew per day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just sitting here on the computer relaxing before going to bed. it's nice and quiet in my house now, jaspurr and the little ones are all tuckered out from playing with the cat dancer wand toy together, then having a nice snack of canned food.

i'm thinking of my bed with the glorious heated mattress pad on it now...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

just sitting here on the computer relaxing before going to bed. it's nice and quiet in my house now, jaspurr and the little ones are all tuckered out from playing with the cat dancer wand toy together, then having a nice snack of canned food.

i'm thinking of my bed with the glorious heated mattress pad on it now...
I hear you about a warm bed! One of the best buys I ever made in my life was an electric blanket. Truly it is wonderful thing. (You will find that your cats will adore that mattress pad, too. BooBoo will walk around the house yelling if the electric blanket is not turned on. When we're home, the blanket is pretty much on all the time and the cats live back in bed during the colder months, coming out for meals, snacks, and to use the litter box. Our cats just love to be toasty; they take after their mom that way.
) Enjoy that mattress pad!

I need to write some approval letters for time extensions, final plan approvals, etc. from actions taken at the meeting last night. Drinking my coffee and telling myself to go do some work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm keeping a close eye on the clock. I've got an appointment at the eye doctor's office at 10, but I think I'd like to get a few errands done first.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping warm inside. We got snow last night and more in the forecast for today along with cold and wind. I might take my kids out to play in it later but for now, we aren't going out.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking coffee, dreading cleaning off the car. Mom needs the car for her doctor appt. It's probably all frozen snow and it's a whole 5F outside. I guess I should be thankful it's on the positive side!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished a bowl of cereal. Sitting here knowing I have to get up, get dressed and be productive. :lol3:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Just finished a bowl of cereal. Sitting here knowing I have to get up, get dressed and be productive.
I'm kind of in the same boat, except I've been too lazy to even get any cereal yet.    
   Still having coffee, watching the news on TV, and browsing TCS.  

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning off the car. I had to fight with the car just to open it. I could *unlock* it just fine, but there was ice all around the edge. I chipped at it with a butter knife :lol3: and then pulled the door with both the handle and the little bit I could get my fingers under the edge. Success!

I started the car, put it on full heat on the windshields, and waiting for it to warm up. I brushed off all the snow, but the car is just encased in ice. It rained a LOT right before the deep freeze so not too shocked.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hear you about a warm bed! One of the best buys I ever made in my life was an electric blanket. Truly it is wonderful thing. (You will find that your cats will adore that mattress pad, too. BooBoo will walk around the house yelling if the electric blanket is not turned on. When we're home, the blanket is pretty much on all the time and the cats live back in bed during the colder months, coming out for meals, snacks, and to use the litter box. Our cats just love to be toasty; they take after their mom that way.
) Enjoy that mattress pad!

I need to write some approval letters for time extensions, final plan approvals, etc. from actions taken at the meeting last night. Drinking my coffee and telling myself to go do some work!
that heated mattress pad has literally saved me at times. i get so cold at night, under a couple blankets and a comforter, that i've woken up from being in a deep sleep because i'm shivering. the heated mattress pad, along with a blanket i keep under the covers at the bottom of the bed -- which i tuck my feet into, keeps me really and truly (and blissfully) warm.........which is a very hard thing to do with me these days.

the girls haven't discovered the heated mattress pad yet; our jaspurr knows it and loves it. i might just lay on the bed with the mattress pad turned on this evening and watch some tv, with the thought that the girls will eventually come to snuggle with me there and discover the glorious warmth!

--------------

right now, i'm at the living room computer staying close to the girls while they settle in for their afternoon nap. once i'm sure they've nodded off well, i'll heat up my lunch and then spend a few minutes on my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.