The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A group of us started posting and supporting each other in our weight loss journey in June of 13. Not everyone stuck it out, but some of us did and there were ups and down, but weight was lost. I haven't been doing very well with it lately.

It's 2016 and time for a new thread and new goals and hopefully more people joining in. :)

Weekly weigh-ins. We weigh in on Mondays. You would post how much you have gained or lost from the previous week. No, need to post your actual weight, because who really feels like doing that? :lol3:

We'd also like to share tips, ideas, recipes, etc. There are soooooo many different diets and theories out there and what works for one may not work for another. We'd like to know what is or isn't working for you.

If you want to just be part of the weigh-in, that's fine, but if you aren't serious about this, then this isn't the thread for you. Sure, everyone has off days and falls off the wagon, but if all you are posting are excuses, you will get called out. :) Some days, particularly lately, I need to get called out. :lol3: Of course if you are happy with your weight and just want to cheer us on, c'mon in!:lol3: We'll take all the support we can get. :D

So who is in? All are welcome and can join in at any point during the year.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still in. Hoping to have more time to post.
I weigh less than I did last year, not enough, but its something. Just going to push along, do my best.

Good luck to everyone in 2016 in getting closer to your goals.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im starting this year off on a positive :clap:
I have lost 1.2 kg for the week. My waist is the same measurement :dk:
I ate a lot of wheat over Christmas - all the yummy stuff has wheat. My skin broke out and it was healing slowly, my sinus played up, I felt lethargic and I even got a dreaded cold sore :argh:
7 days without wheat and my skin is clear and I feel great. I am convinced now that I have a sensitivity to wheat. For me this is actually a good thing. Foods with wheat are the foods I overeat. That's where my fat gains come from. 2016 is going to be my year :woohoo:

We can all do this. We will do this. :high5:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am joining this thread because I really need a support system. I am almost to my heaviest again, without being pregnant. I have not been at a healthy weight since I was in my 20's and I will be 39 in April. I really dont want to start my Forties next year obese. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello Monday. For me this is more the start of the new year. Aaron went back to work today so it's back to reality.

I am not weighing myself today. I don't want to know. I'm depressed enough about my weight without seeing a number.

My goal for the week is to make better food choices and to eat less overall. I'm going to go through the refrigerator in a bit and see what's in there and work on getting some healthier food in the house. I'm looking up some recipes now so I have more of a plan. It's easier to eat better when the food is readily available in the house. :)

Good luck, everyone! :wavey:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go, Tammat! 

Good morning to everybody and a big welcome to Louann Jude 
! (FWIW, I can tell you that I went into my 40s pretty heavy. But I went into my 50s at an even 130 pounds and at a size 6! So I know you can do this! I know you can! C'mon and work with us here. There's also an exercise thread for 2016 and, if you're not there already, go there! Link:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/311897/the-exercise-motivation-thread-2016 It's important! Hang in there and we'll all do it together!)

OK. In order to get off to a good start this year, I will tell the truth and admit that I gained 7 pounds during December. It is what it is. And it will come off, just may take a while. 
  I'm going to really work this week to get as much off as I can for my first week back.

And I have a challenge for you, if you're interested. Drink at least 32 ounces of water. Not just liquid, but water. I know, we're supposed to drink more than that. But I don't drink nearly enough water at all and it's important. So, if you're like me, let's work on our water intake this week! 4 glasses is better than no glasses.

Here we go!! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm for the water challenge. Would sparkling water count, or no?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm for the water challenge. Would sparkling water count, or no?
Yes, sparkling counts!

I really need to get more water into me too.  I don't care for flat water as a beverage. Going to have to up my sparkling intake also!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am back at it for good this time. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday. I have 215 days to do it.

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to join this thread I'm at my heaviest weight ever! I'm heavier than when I was pregnant ! I'm gonna try the water challenge today.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a little after two in the morning and I am up because the kids thought it would be a good idea to wake up Mommy. 

I am on here because before the norm was especially if I felt hungry like now was to eat. I did well yesterday I stuck within my calorie intake and I got 4 1/2 bottles of water in, 76 ounces. 

This week I am focusing on eating and water, next week I will add some walking at home video's. 

Something I do that helps me during normal waking hours is keep busy. I will clean like a mad woman. Today other than my normal cleaning routine I want to get my living room carpet shampooed. That should take about two hours. I also want to wash my walls down my toddlers have created some beautiful art work on them and its time for a clean canvas for them to start over. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Louann Jude :wavey:
I'm up for the water challenge. I've been trying to drink 3 litres each day. I'm not sure what that is in ounces??? I'll just stick with that.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome. I found out that 3 liters is just over 100 ounces. That is awesome I need to get more in. From my understanding you are supposed to have half your weight in ounces of water a day. We make sure our furbabies drink plenty why can't we do it. 

Now the good news is I got my carpet cleaned in the living room today. 
 It only took an hour. My son was in preschool so only having one toddler in the house helped. 

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 Hi! Can I join in?

I'm really trying to limit my calorie intake and make healthy eating choices this year. So far I'm down 5 pounds in the first week! I really need to lose about 35ish pounds to be in a really good place for my body type. I'm tall with a fairly small bone structure, and was really slender through senior year of college. Then I graduated, got a desk job, and have been rapidly gaining weight since. I'm not super crazy active, so most of this will be through diet and light exercise. 

I can't deal with another summer where I refuse to go boating or wear shorts. I'm finally in a place where I have the motivation to actually do this for real. I've been yoyo dieting for the last couple years, but I'm finally doing it for ME and not for someone else. 

<-- Hope this is my emoji every week with weight loss. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been doing well with the water challenge. I'm behind today (weird day) but catching up now. :nod:

My husband got me this calendar for Christmas -

Some of the days have "Healthy tips" which I can post here. This is not an endorsement of any of these tips. :lol3:

Here's the first one -

Switch out table salt for kosher salt for all of your cooking. the unique shape of the salt crystals brings out the flavor of the food without making dishes too "salty" like traditional table salt.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday was not a good eating day and I didn't make the water challenge. Today will be better though. :nod:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been doing good one the challenge I have been drinking 5-6 bottles a day. 

My internet has been messing up so I will be on as much as it will allow me. Hope to get it fixed soon. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Monday 
I had my weigh in and I am pleased to say I have lost 7.2 pounds. 
I did great on the water challenge. This week I am going to add exersise to my diet. I have a walking video and my goal is to work out at least 5 days this week. I hope you all have a great day and week. 

Status
Not open for further replies.