The Waiting Game

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey everyone!
So long story short I live on a farm and get cats wandering around all the time. I do my best to spay and neuter the ones that I can catch, as I am a huge supporter of spaying and neutering! Anyways, this super sweet cat decided to make my farm her home, this was about 6 weeks ago, and I could tell she was pregnant. Her nipples were pink and big she had a small bulge that indicated she was pregnant. She seems like she's about a year old. So last week Friday (not this last Friday) It was very evident her milk had come in and her stomach was "boiling" with the kittens inside of them. So I thought maybe she'd have them soon, but here we are, over a week later and still no kittens :/ I am horrible at determining when a cats belly drops but she looks like she'll have about three. Also she's been much more vocal today but can rest comfortably for over fifteen minutes.
Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to think.
She will be spayed 8 weeks after the kittens are born and she is on kitten food and wet food with all access to each. I have her locked in the milking lean as that's not in use anymore. She also has several nesting boxes and I put some straw bales in there for her to burrow into!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like it could be any day now! Thank you for caring for her and keep us posted! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!
So today she's being super affectionate and meowing a lot, which from what I know about her isn't normal. But she's being super active, like running around and jumping. Also I'm pretty sure her belly has dropped because she looks thinner from the top view!

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question guys! So my momma cat had two kittens! Which is great because anymore and I would be worried about her! But the resident barn cat, who previous to her having her kittens would curl up with the Mom and play with the Mom now HATES the Mom... will they be friends again when the kittens get rehomed? I feel so bad for the mom... she got dropped off, made a new friend, then had kittens, lost her friend....

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should separate her from other cats for now. Is she still closed in the milking lean?

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should separate her from other cats for now. Is she still closed in the milking lean?
Yes, I do have her still locked in but when I go in for chores the resident barn cat follows me in and hisses. Will they ever be friends again?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but not right now. They will adjust when the babies are older and mom has been spayed.