The ^ > V Game

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
^  I'm retired now, but would be getting the 2nd off if I were still working.

>  I have had to take apart, clean and put the cat fountain back together 3 times within the last 24 hours.   

v  Are cat fountains really worth it?  

Last edited:

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Ha that's what I was wondering. It's really hot here at the moment and I was thinking of getting one but their food has a lot of water in it. 

> I'm thinking of getting a filter and just putting that into bowls for them. 

v What's the most expensive useless thing you've bought for your cat?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
^  I spent $49 for a small fake fur covered cat tree that I thought they would love.  It had a shelf at the window ledge level and a hide-away underneath.   They hated it.  I ended up giving it away.  

>  I hung 4 more items on the walls yesterday.  I'm trying to decide if I'm venturing into cluttered-wall territory.

v  Do you prefer walls covered with interesting things to look at, or walls with just a few select items and a clean austere look?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ I definitely prefer a lot of decoration and art on the walls. I'm not into the clean, austere look at all.

> I feel very affected by the way my surroundings look, and especially colors. Boring decor makes me feel a bit depressed.

v What thing would you buy or remodel for your home if you had an unlimited budget for one item?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
^ I would definitely remodel the kitchen.

> Snow coming. I really should go to the grocery store.

v How often do you go to the grocery store?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
^ Usually weekly.  Sometimes if I have forgotten something, I run over.  I only live 2-3 minutes away from the store, so I don't buy more than I need at a time anymore.

> I'm recovering from yet another bout of shingles.  I have had 4 cases so far within the past 6 years.  I'm so tired of this.

v  Is anyone planting bulbs yet?  Or have you already planted any for spring blooming??

margd

Veteran
Purraise
^ I no longer have a garden but I had one for years and yes, I would have finished planting spring blooming bulbs by the end of November.

> Speaking of shingles, I was so terrified of getting them that I was vaccinated against them.

v  Have you been vaccinated against shingles?

susanhankerson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^ No, i'm not vaccinated

> I'm so tired, I think I need hot chocolate and some cake

v  Speaking of cakes, what is your most favorite cake ? (I love cakes soo much LOL)

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ My favorite is carrot cake. ( It was a hard choice between that and coconut. )

> Had my dental cleaning done yesterday, and I have a small cavity. Looks like another visit coming up.

v Did you get any Christmas gifts that you don't want and will regift? 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
^  No.  

>  I am playing so many games that I sometimes forget which one I'm playing.

v  Have you ever given an answer in a game that actually belonged in a different one?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ So many times. 

> I was looking at files from the eighties the other day, I was incredibly shocked at how literate people were then and how quickly we seem to have lost it. 

v Have you noticed this yourself?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Yes I have. When people stopped writing letters and notes, the decline began. Email and chat messages not only don't make use of our literacy, they are also too impersonal for keeping in touch with family and friends.

> TCS and internet games are more entertaining for me than t.v.

v When was the last time you received handwritten mail other than a greeting card?

susanhankerson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^ This Christmas, from my father (I lived my whole life with my step dad, now when I'm adult, we write with my "real father" sometimes)

>I love nice fresh coffee with a lot of sugar 

v Are you coffee or tea person?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
^ Coffee....but I do indulge in hot tea if I am sick or feeling run down.  I do ginger tea, and cinnamon teas.  I drink iced sweet tea (yes, I'm southern) every day, and I also have an affinity for iced green tea.

> I rarely drink water, and I'm often criticized for it, although I spend the entire day drinking water-based drinks, coffee then move on to tea.  About the only time I drink plain water is if I am really, really hot, then I'll have ice water.  I can't do the "flavored" waters, mainly because most have artificial sweeteners that I just won't do, and they still taste like water, if that makes sense.

v Do you have an everyday drink other than water that you subsist on?  Tea, coffee, soda, etc that you could not live without?? 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
^  Yes, Diet Coke. I drink a lot of it but those days may be over.  My groceries are delivered and a 2L bottle of Diet Coke has shot up from $2.19 to $3.29.  Other 2L Colas (even Coke products) remain the same price.  I hate being price-gouged so that's it for Diet Coke.  

>  It is February 1st and other than some snow showers two days ago, we had no snow in January.  This is very unusual as January is usually the snowiest month of the year around here.

v  Are you noticing any strange weather where you live?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise

^  Yes, Diet Coke. I drink a lot of it but those days may be over.  My groceries are delivered and a 2L bottle of Diet Coke has shot up from $2.19 to $3.29.  Other 2L Colas (even Coke products) remain the same price.  I hate being price-gouged so that's it for Diet Coke.  

>  It is February 1st and other than some snow showers two days ago, we had no snow in January.  This is very unusual as January is usually the snowiest month of the year around here.

v  Are you noticing any strange weather where you live?
WOW!  $3.29 for a 2L is outrageous.  Our Walmart is only $1.00 per 2L.  But, then again, I only live a 2 minute drive from Walmart too, I guess it's just the delivery charge.  Still crazy.

^ Yes.  I'm in W. TN, and we normally have a true "winter" from January till the 1st or 2nd week of March.  We have not this year so far.  One week of single digits with snow and ice, and mainly in the 50's and above the rest of the time.  Yesterday it was 70.  We've had tornado warnings, thunderstorms, just like we would see in the summer.  It's just weird.  I chalk it up to the rest of the weirdness going on in the world these days as well.

> I'm disgruntled at the moment at my job.

v  Have you ever had days where you literally want to just walk out of where ever you are, get in your car, and just disappear to sites unknown, never to return?  I swear it's my day to feel this way.  Of course, I'd have to have my hubby and my cats, but everything else--nope.  Buh-bye!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^People inform me that I do at least once a day. Gonna get myself banned from the games. :)
>Staying at home for a second day due to head cold that is now almost gone. Being lazy.
vDid you have measles as a child?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
^People inform me that I do at least once a day. Gonna get myself banned from the games.

>Staying at home for a second day due to head cold that is now almost gone. Being lazy.
vDid you have measles as a child?
Grin.  This time you answered a question on a previous page. 
   Don't worry.  We've all done that, too.  

^Yes, I did have the measles as a child.

WOW!  $3.29 for a 2L is outrageous.  Our Walmart is only $1.00 per 2L.  But, then again, I only live a 2 minute drive from Walmart too, I guess it's just the delivery charge.  Still crazy.

^ Yes.  I'm in W. TN, and we normally have a true "winter" from January till the 1st or 2nd week of March.  We have not this year so far.  One week of single digits with snow and ice, and mainly in the 50's and above the rest of the time.  Yesterday it was 70.  We've had tornado warnings, thunderstorms, just like we would see in the summer.  It's just weird.  I chalk it up to the rest of the weirdness going on in the world these days as well.

> I'm disgruntled at the moment at my job.

v  Have you ever had days where you literally want to just walk out of where ever you are, get in your car, and just disappear to sites unknown, never to return?  I swear it's my day to feel this way.  Of course, I'd have to have my hubby and my cats, but everything else--nope.  Buh-bye!
^  Oh yes, absolutely.  And while I was leaving town, I'd stop on the way and file for a name change!

>  My job often required me to work in the dark.  More than once, I fell asleep after lunch.  Fortunately, I was never caught, thanks to a noisy outer door that gave visitors away.

v  Have you ever fallen asleep at work?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grin.  This time you answered a question on a previous page. :lol3:    Don't worry.  We've all done that, too.  

Have you ever fallen asleep at work?

OMG, I'm brain dead.

^I'm retired, but many times I would be falling asleep when eating lunch. My job could be so boring.
>Wish I had an en suite bathroom.
vIs your bedroom & bathroom en suite?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
^ Yes...I was a dispatcher from 7p to 7a years and years ago, and was working a part-time day job as well, pretty much working around the clock.  Units would be yelling at me on the radio and wake me up and I'd be passed out on the desk.  But, those were the days when me and my hubby were working 2-3 jobs each just trying to eat.

> Speaking of sleeping, I actually slept well last night, but night before had a horrible dream where we were robbed.

v  Have you ever sleep-walked?  I used to, especially when I was over-tired,  but haven't in a long time.