The Unofficial, Unauthorized, Probably Going to Get Me Kicked Off TCS for Breaking the Rules Question of Whatever Question of the Day Rules Are?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only have had one pet that had a name. It was my SIL's Dalmatian. She was a drunk and in-laws rescued the dog from her house and then had no where to put him so he became ours. He was about 3 I think when we got him and named Blaze so we kept it as I'm sure he knew his name. The rest of our animals were either from pet stores (ferrets), the woods (Comrade and Torrie), or a barn (Boone and Gracie) so no one came to us with a name.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It is kind of a "it depends" here ... mostly if I liked the name/seemed to fit. Of course, Circe had that name from the rescue I adopted her from, and I probably would not have chosen it for her but she was 6.5 years old when I adopted her, so I thought that it just wouldn't work well to try to change it. Autumn (adopted from the same shelter), being a calico who was found in September ... well, it just seemed a very fitting name.

However, the two black and whites, who were probably Autumn's kittens (they were all found together in circumstances that screamed "dump job" and with the two black and whites being the same age and younger than Autumn, it likely is correct)--I did not care for the names they had (Shiloh and Truly) so I did rename them Domino and TV.. Shiloh because he was so shy, I didn't want to keep calling him a name that sounded "shy" and landed on Domino. TV because, well, Truly didn't even seem like a name and I thought it would be cute to have a black and white cat named TV. I still have TV and Autumn (Autumn is a for now--she's sick like Domino was), Circe and Domino both passed away this year. That's it for the shelter/rescue origin cats for me. All the others are ones who, as I say "self rescued" in the case of Cosette, or are the feral borns who I caught and brought inside.
I'm so sorry for you loss(es)
Rest in Peace darlings Circe and Domino