The sweet sounds your kitty makes

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties make lots of sounds. From that screech when you step on them, to the plaintive mew when they’re sad or hungry, or that sweet flutter of a purr, maybe catalogue the the sounds your kitties make.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, this isn't necessarily 'sweet' but I now know why our new kitty Mowie was called Mow-Mow in her other home. She is very vocal, going around the house yelling MOW! MOW! MOW! We're now calling her Mouthy Mowie. :lol:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tigger makes the normal meow and the mrrrrrrp, I have heard her make moany meows when her pain in her lower back and legs have been flaring up, vet has been contacted cause she needs some more of the medication they tried her on to control the pain cause they haven't decided whether or not they want to keep her on it - despite me chasing them up (might be business though, a lot of people use them and it seems like they have too few staff for too many families)

:catrub:
Willow likes yelling her meows - sounds like NOWWWWWWWWWWWW when she decides to yell - simply cause she believes humans must obey her every command NOWWWWWWWW :catrub: she also has a very sweet little "you wanted me for something?" meow (I never call her when I need to do anything like flea treatment etc to her, I approach her to do the nasty soggies - cause she will NOT tolerate tablets, she's worked out if she hides them in her mouth somewhere I think she's swallowed them, then she buries them in the litter tray so I can't reuse them)

Willow also mrrp's if I wake her up (unintentionally, like if I move near her and she knows I'm there)

Willow, I have also known, to do the VERY DEEP GROWL to warn other animals - or children - away from her presence (sometimes rushing the gate and swiping as well), Willow's growling normally sounds like she's singing but she hakes it clear she's not liking the SOMETHING, she purrs as well - so does Tigger :catrub:

I can hear one of them mrrp'ing at the moment - a chasie game is going on, up and down the stairs :catrub::runningcat::runningcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey Bun aka Tar Baby loves to make sweet little nothing noises under her breath while she sits on top of the back of my office chair. Sometimes she kind of chirps at you. One day a little boy came to visit and he started petting her, and she started chirping - and he chirped back! So cute. (For once I didn't scream.)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo makes the sweetest high pitched sound when he sees me unexpectedly, mew, ew, ew. I know it's because he is so happy. It happened once when I called him and he wasn't expecting it. Recently, I left to run an errand, and when I came back, the house was silent. I made myself some lunch, ate it, and went to look for the kitties. He was in his cat tree in the bedroom, and when he heard me, he ran to me with the mew, ew, ew. He didn't know I was home and was so happy to see me.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo makes the sweetest high pitched sound when he sees me unexpectedly, mew, ew, ew. I know it's because he is so happy. It happened once when I called him and he wasn't expecting it. Recently, I left to run an errand, and when I came back, the house was silent. I made myself some lunch, ate it, and went to look for the kitties. He was in his cat tree in the bedroom, and when he heard me, he ran to me with the mew, ew, ew. He didn't know I was home and was so happy to see me.
Sounds like the Foodie Opera by my two male kitties, when I give them their evening canned cat food. Big Boy is alto, while Conan is a high tenor. (Honey Bun mostly doesn't eat canned cat food.)

ROWR! rowr! etc.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy Uggy gets very vocal if he can’t see me. God forbid I go to the ladies room without announcing it to mine rat(cat) pack. All 3 of them will run around the house calling me, but Uggy is something else. He will run around yelling Maaa, mAAA, MAAAAA!!!! Until I answer and the moment I do he runs over does that mrrrr (thank god you are alive ) and parks his yellow truck(but) next to the door between us and never makes another pip. Very funny kitty .

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big Boy is a Maine Coon mix I adopted a while back, and he weighed about 25 pounds, not a world record, but large for a cat. But he is sweet and docile, and kind of a scaredy cat. Now he’s old and bony and about half his original weight.

One night the cops were chasing someone in a police helicopter, circling overhead, whoomp whoomp whoomp, and the sound terrified him, and he bawled, mrooowr! Mrooowr! Sooo sad and frightened and defeated. I picked him up and held him and he shook and shivered and bawled into my armpit. Shhhh it’s okay old buddy. Shhhhh!

F589341A-6293-467E-A3C0-5B013E68F1E0.jpeg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitties make lots of sounds. From that screech when you step on them, to the plaintive mew when they’re sad or hungry, or that sweet flutter of a purr, maybe catalogue the the sounds your kitties make.
The most recent was when I was doing an instructional video. Quinn who supervises it all made the cutest little Siamese meow to me at the end like he was happy it was almost done, and I’m meowed back to him so I have that on video forever now too. He has a traditonal sing song meezer meow.

Here he is playing with his fav toy as a baby. He used to love to drag it around by the butterfly too, but I never got video of that sadly. The little high pitched meow is ❤ he had an even higher pitched one he would do sometimes too, but I never got a video of that either unfortunately. I’m not sure why because I videoed him practically nonstop then.

Quinn Baby Playing With Butterfly.mov

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Each one of my babies have very different voices.....it's very easy to know who's got something to say and what it is they're saying Graycie has a very sweet little mew when she says hello and then if in tye distance she sounds like she's crying ( ever so softly) it means she has her favorite toy and she's on her way go show me her prize

Bella,what can I say about my needy little Mama's baby...."wuaayh,wuayh"means she must lie ontop on me right this second to knead under my neck,meeeh,meeeh she needs to kiss my lips and at the Vet she screams bloody murder at the top of her lungs if someone tries to take her from me,lol but then whimpers like a puppy when I kiss her head and pat her like a baby.... she's quite the drama queen

Sami complains if he's not getting my attention to address what he wants( walkv,play,car rides,etc) mrr mrah mrrr mrr rayre& on and on & on till I either do or say-"SAM-,ENOUGH:.... and he's a triller to

Max.....Max doesn't meow,he doesn't trill -he squeaks like a lil mouse..... he comes running very quickly and squeaks to me when he wants to be picked up and held

And last but not least is Timmy,Timmy being feral only learned how to meow( a tiny little "mew") about a year ago,to me,his first human he wanted to be friends with......He sure could yowl,found thst out his first 3nights in his new home

Thats my home,my kitty kids & me

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first adopted Carleton he didn't meow but rather made a "yowl" sound. Sometimes he just opens his mouth and there's no sound followed by a grin. 😸
Betty also has a silent meow among her vocabulary. When she does, I tell her she’s on mute. “Betty, the little microphone icon…there you go. Now we can hear you.” 🤦🏼‍♂️

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morgana’s meow certainly grew with her age! When I first got her, she’d make tiny little squeaks. Now she does absolutely huge meows to get my attention - especially after my alarm goes off, she’s like a second alarm clock now! It’s rather impressive how loud and expressive she is.
Lucky you!!! That is one alarm you cant hit the snooze button, 😂😂😂 You can never be late!!!!

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lucky you!!! That is one alarm you cant hit the snooze button, 😂😂😂 You can never be late!!!!
Honestly, she’s so funny! I have multiple alarms set for my big ADHD brain - one that tells me to make sure i’ve eaten dinner if i haven’t, grab water if i haven’t, one telling me to go to bed and finally the morning alarm. they all have the same “jingle” at the start of the alarm before it starts to tell me which alarm it is - for example, my food alarm is like “okay food time!” and bedtime one is “time for bed!” because otherwise i’ll watch tiktok until 5am 😂 Morgana has learnt which alarm and the rough times… so I hear the jingle, and by the time I open my eyes I have Morgana meowing in my ear and coming for her morning snuggles… before the snooze alarm comes on and she’s like, “right human, out of bed you get! I want my breakfast and you need to go to work to earn money to spoil me!” 😂

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
most of our cats talk is pretty normal kitteh stuff. but dante cries like a baby for his food. it's pretty funny. wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh he is a big big boy and he just makes these tiny baby kitten and actual baby meows. tibby just talks like a normal old forest cat. not that much and when he does he trills. and now we have two baby cats who just sound like baby cats. only time will tell what their voices will be like. :)