The right diet

young again

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Could you review that link? I'm receiving an error message: "Server not found" - just as I did immediately after you posted it.

(As an aside, there are general (without specifics) references on your website to papers/studies, without links to same (or even titles/author info/etc (even as footnotes). Perhaps that is somehow an oversight, but the absence of such information detracts from any argument/proposition intended in those pieces.)
Here is the link I hope this one works https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=14974568

If you go to PubMed and search the case number 14974568 you should be able to find it, in case  this link does not work yet again. I will review the citations on the web site. Most of these were done from hard copies from the original publications. I'm afraid they are not as user friendly as they could be.

We are getting ready to place a bunch of information on the web site as soon as the mobile version is up dated. Once we start, we will ad content to the site every day for the next year. Most of the information will be tailored to client requests on specific topics.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is my selection from Amazon USA.

The books are for vets (the last two at least), but it may be worth having if the guardian's interest in the cat's world has a scientific side. Some have look inside feature, so you can get a picture about what they are about.

No matter how bad these books may be, they are for sure better than picking info from web-sites. I am not saying to ignore the net. I am saying that any piece of info from the net shall be carefully assessed in terms of scientific evidence and truth.  Going to reference books (professional) is far more reliable. The downside is that there are chances some texts in such books may be rather not comprehensible for people with limited background in science. Happens to professionals, dont worry, its normal.

Please, never use the books (or internet advise) as a substitute to veterinary assistance!

I have biochemistry background and I learnt ethology on my own. Still, I present my cat to his vet, describing cats behavior (facts), never attempting to treat the cat myself and avoiding to  "teach" the vet.

Such books may be also useful to support the communication with your vet. Please do not tell your vet: "I suppose my cat has xyz...!". Such an approach will annoy your vet 100%. He/she is there beceause he/she followed years of courses in veterinary.

Treatment of Behaviour Problems in Dogs and Cats

by Henry R Askew (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars   (1)

13 Used & New from  $10.50

Bottom of Form

BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Behavioural Medicine

by Debra Horwitz, Daniel S. Mills (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars   (4)

$118.86 

Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. Offered by Amazon.com.

Bottom of Form

The Behaviour of the Domestic Cat

by John W. S. Bradshaw, Rachel A. Casey, Sarah L. Brown (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars   (5)

$61.00 

Only 8 left in stock--order soon. Offered by Amazon.com.

49 Used & New from  $33.18

Bottom of Form

Small Animal Internal Medicine, 5e (Small Animal Medicine)

by Richard W. Nelson DVM, C. Guillermo Couto DVM (Hardcover)

4.9 out of 5 stars   (21)

$178.89 

Bottom of Form

The Cat: Clinical Medicine and Management, 1e

by Susan Little DVM DABVP (Feline) (Hardcover)

$131.97