The Rare And Elusive Two Headed Gregnold Cat!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally thought to be a mythical creature, archaeologists first discovered images of these two headed cats in the (cat)acombs of ancient pyramids. The cats were thought to have been used to protect Egyptian Pharaohs as they traveled to the afterlife.

Latter it was believed, these rare animals were genetic mutations intentionally created to be "super" barn cats. With their 8 sets of claws, 4 ears, 4 eyes, 2 noses and powerful jaws located at opposing ends of their bodies, they truly were "super" cats and in no time would rid and entire farm of mice and vermin. Unfortunately with a typical body weight often in excess of 40 lbs, they would also eat chickens, hens, roosters and small live stock. Many farmers, in frustration would release these eating machines into the wild, rather than continue to loose valuable poultry and other farm animals.

Some scientists are convinced these creatures are neither the mythical guardians of departed Pharaohs, nor genetically created "super" cats, but rather the natural evolution of a common house cat. The double head allows it to sense the opening of a food can, the presence of a bowl of kibble or treats and detect and summon its human care provider with greater efficiency.

Our cameras have caught, with the use of time lapsed shutter speed, rare glimpses of one such impressive and magnificent beast, currently residing deep in the tropical jungle of Toronto Canada, in the home of Mr. Liesalot.

Mr Liesalot, can you tell use a bit about your "GregNold"?

Yea, sure. Well, you know......... eh, me and the Misses wanted a pet for the two kids, but we didnt want 2 cats eh....cause they eat alot ............eh. So we figured we would just get us a "GregNold".......cause one GregNold has two heads and we have two kids........eh. Each kid could pet a head and we figured we would save some money cause it would only need one litter box, cause its only one GregNold. Anyway we forgot, it still eats as much as two or more cats and uses twice as much kitty litter. We are going broke feeding it....eh. Its eating us out of house and home. It just seems to lay about all day.... If one end is eating, the other is sleeping, except when both ends are eating! Did I tell you we are going broke feeding it.

And it ALWAYS seems to know where we are.....like its got two heads. And sometimes both heads are yelling at us at the same time...........did I tell you we are going broke feeding it??????......eh.

20190125_065139.jpg
20190125_065231-2.jpg
20190125_065228.jpg
20190125_064829.jpg
20190125_064836.jpg
20190125_065139.jpg

Attachments

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree! That was definitely "Fake News". LOL :lol: Thanks for posting that. Those sure are beautiful cats. Are they Persian? Thinking of feeding your cats, now that we have three cats, I have to buy more food. ;) But it's worth it! They are all my babies and they deserve special care. :) By the way, I love those names for your cats. Greg and Arnold. Cute.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These cats are so cool. I love seeing photos of them! They look like wise old quest-givers on a heroic fantasy adventure. ;)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, gorgeous Gregnold cat from the ancient pharaohs! LOL.

On a bit of serious note, how can you tell which one is Greg and which one is Arnold? :)

Both are very handsome. Love, love them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The former owners told us "the boys", as they never did actually name the cats, were russian blue mixes.

The experts here think greg and arnold are predominantly norwegian forest cats.

Technically they would be domestic long hairs.

When I saw greg and arnold lying together in that position, it made me laugh......as they so often do and I thought I would share it with others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, gorgeous Gregnold cat from the ancient pharaohs! LOL.

On a bit of serious note, how can you tell which one is Greg and which one is Arnold? :)

Both are very handsome. Love, love them.
The boys do look very similar and even sit and lay in a similar manner. At first we had difficulty telling them apart........ but as the parents of twins learn to tell the differences, so did we.

Arnold is larger, 22lbs vs 20 lbs
Greg has a shorter but thicker tail.......useful for identifying them on the bed in the middle of the night...lol
Their voices are very different.......greg is much more quiet and has the pitiful cry of a kitten. He has learnt that humans quickly respond to that sound.
Greg literally stomps when he walks. Arnold is silent.
They have their own places in the house that "belong" to them. Therefore knowing their location usuallly means you know which cat it is.
Greg has adopted my wife and arnold has adopted me, therefore when a cat climbs in my lap or snuggles with me I know its arnold.
Arnolds fur is softer than gregs.
Arnold has a wider face and bigger paws.
Arnold loves tuna juice, greg wont touch it.
Greg will drag his toy mouse around the house, with the wand trailing behind it. When I hear that, usually at 3am, I know its greg and I know where he is. Arnold never drags a mouse.
Arnold is the leader of the two cats..... he is almost always the cat in front.
Their body shape is different. Greg is literally a rectangle with legs. Arnold is "pyramid" shaped.
Greg has a bigger mane.
Arnold literally has a fur coat draped over his fur coat. Its a very visible double coat.

There are still some moments, from some angles, when im not sure if its greg or arnold, but some how we usually just seem to "know".

And as I type this they are both beside me, lying on the dining room table, arnold right beside me.

Boy, were we ever lucky to adopt them.

20190127_073027.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The boys do look very similar and even sit and lay in a similar manner. At first we had difficulty telling them apart........ but as the parents of twins learn to tell the differences, so did we.

Greg has a shorter but thicker tail.......useful for identifying them on the bed in the middle of the night...lol
Their voices are very different.......greg is much more quiet and has the pitiful cry of a kitten. He has learnt that humans quickly respond to that sound.
They have their own places in the house that "belong" to them. Therefore knowing their location usuallly means you know which cat it is.
Greg has adopted my wife and arnold has adopted me, therefore when a cat climbs in my lap or snuggles with me I know its arnold.
Greg will drag his toy mouse around the house, with the wand trailing behind it. When I hear that, usually at 3am, I know its greg and I know where he is. Arnold never drags a mouse.
Their body shape is different. Greg is literally a rectangle with legs. Arnold is "pyramid" shaped.
Greg has a bigger mane.
Arnold literally has a fur coat draped over his fur coat. Its a very visible double coat.

There are still some moments, from some angles, when im not sure if its greg or arnold, but some how we usually just seem to "know".

And as I type this they are both beside me, lying on the dining room table, arnold right beside me.

View attachment 272258
Wow! I just love how familiar you are of your babies, whether big or small things.

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Greg has a bigger mane.

View attachment 272258
Arnold has the Triangle on his nose like mine do! Looks like Greg does too, only much smaller. It’s one of my favorite markings of them. Your Kits are magnificent! I’m hoping Gustav might become as large as one of them. Mostly because he is so regal, it would suit him as it does yours. Anais, will probably be more like her Mom, although her face is closer in shape to her father’s.