The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
mixed emotions with Geoffrey's biopsy results....
Positive--got results back
Negative--- results came back as IBD....

Dam.... How in heavens name do I get 2 cats; back to back with IBD!! Do I. know how to pick them?? dam
I suspected it immediately, with Geoffrey... I am on a limited income.. need a new car... dam... I cannot cut back anymore..
I am sure insurance will now say this is a preexisting condition.. dam. But I have to try submitting it.

They are doing further testing on the specimen to see if it is an: allergic reaction, inflammatory reaction, or cancer.
Not certain how they can tell between allergic vs inflammatory reaction... must be by certain white blood cells.. Did not know there was a difference...have to look this up....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Home Depot this morning to get mulch and dirt. I specifically chose them because they have people who can help load your vehicle and the 50 pound bags of dirt are just heavier than I can lift. Waited through a long line to purchase and then found out no one was working in the yard today. As I went to leave the young man who had been behind me in line offered to load for me and patiently waited for me to go through the line again and then to get my vehicle to the loading yard. he loaded everything so quickly, picking up the two 50 pound bags together. The strength of young men is just amazing. Offered to pay him and he said no.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
herbal preparations from the company that was recommended to me began to actively restore my health))) it looks like a real miracle)))

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While in the backyard talking with our neighbor I spotted a hummingbird fly into our magnolia tree. I haven't seen a hummingbird in our yard for at least 3-4 years so I was thrilled to see one today. Does anyone know how to attract more hummingbirds? I'd love to give them a safe sanctuary.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tubular type flowers, including red ones that are appropriate for your zone. Larkspur if it will grow where you are.

Hummingbirds love mist, although there's a video showing a lot of them bathing in a shallow center-bubbling birdbath :)

A feeder is a commitment. It doesn't need red tinted sugar water, just granulated white sugar and filtered water at a 1:4 ratio (1/4 cup sugar to one cup water as an example). It doesn't necessarily need to be boiled if it's going right into the feeder, just well stirred. Try and find a shaded area to hang the feeder. But the sugar water needs to be changed, --the hotter it is outside the more frequently, even daily, and the feeder itself needs to be cleaned including the portholes with small brushes. I use hydrogen peroxide and then a very good rinse and an air dry.

My positive is that I found a 30 pound bag of cat food discounted in the clearance section of the grocery store, which I grabbed and took over to the local animal shelter :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The grass at my mother's house was getting very tall and I was concerned that her landscaper was going to be a no-show this year. I called on Tuesday and he said he'd be doing it this week and when I went by last night it has been cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.