The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm smiling because I'm seeing those to the east give a sigh of relief that they are finally warming up while watching the snow blow out my window.

We've had 5 weeks of absolutely wonderful, spring like weather and not enough rain so it's lovely to see precipitation here. Our weather held out long enough for my parents to come for a visit and see the baby.

I also reconnected with a friend that I've know for over 11 years and had a wonderful visit with her and her kids too.

Edy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, good news from everyone checking in!

aj - that must be a HUGE relief!!!!!!

I'm just busting today because we took Tux back for his follow-up at the vet, and the steroid shot worked and his red blood cell count is GREAT!

AND it was sunny and warm, and the snow is melting like crazy now!

AND we trapped another cat! OK - it was another one that was already TNRd, but at least we're getting them back for their rabies boosters.

AND I'm excited because tomorrow's my birthday, and I know Gary got me some cards!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
45 days till my hols and we finished tying up our plans on what we are going to be doing when we go away
And I got some more shifts over the next couple of weeks so means more spending money

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We've been trapping a lot of cats - which is a bit of a mixed bag, but something I feel really good about. (I am left wondering how many there are we just don't know about.
).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We've been trapping a lot of cats - which is a bit of a mixed bag, but something I feel really good about. (I am left wondering how many there are we just don't know about.
).
Laurie, it makes me sad too...how many are still out there, and how many will there be in the future too??
Sucks!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Laurie, it makes me sad too...how many are still out there, and how many will there be in the future too??
Sucks!
Yes, there's that... but I was being more literal.
How much is it going to cost us?
We thought there were 3 or 4 to TNR that showed up over the winter, but we've done 5? in the last week since we started this season, and we're aware of at least three more now... and more and more brown and gray tabbies keep showing up - we probably thought like 3 different cats were just one cat.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to see the kids tonight

And I forgot to tell you all I'm spending 2 whole weeks with them in may woohoo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a really negative time in my life but I'm hoping something positive will come of it, does that count?

If not, I'm glad my kids are strong and able to cope with lifes ups and downs.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats got a few dozen cases of fancy feast on stock now-they are happy I am happy.

Dog has been not peeing/pooping in house and got a new toy
I get to go back to the petstore tomorrow
!!!! well different one so more stuff to buy
coupons expiring so have to tho

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm one very happy girl tonight my work mate just text saying is won a raffle at work they do each week for our local football club, theres 3 prizes, £20, £30 or £100, so I thought I've won either or the small prizes but.......... NO I won first prize of the £100

Right in time for my holidays

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's awesome news Ash

I'm positive today because it's my birthday in 3 weeks and I'm having a big party. I can't wait to catch up with people

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am sooooooooooooooo positive for this one.

I've struggled all my life with self esteem issues from former abuses, exes, etc. I've always thought of myself (on the outside) as very .......... insert any negative self image feeling.

I am on a weightloss journey, and am still 30lbs from goal, but.....

This weekend we went out, and my hubby snapped a pic of me.... normally I *bleh* and delete it....

I actually said "wow, I don't look half bad"

which in itself is HUGE for me.

I am so very positive that my inner health steps are working just as good as my outer health steps

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris you should be SO proud of yourself!!!
I know that any pic I have ever seen of you though, you're gorgeous.
I'm happy to know you're finanlly starting to believe that for yourself! I know all too well about weight loss AND self esteem issues though. Neither are easy to overcome.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Chris you should be SO proud of yourself!!!
I know that any pic I have ever seen of you though, you're gorgeous.
I'm happy to know you're finanlly starting to believe that for yourself! I know all too well about weight loss AND self esteem issues though. Neither are easy to overcome.

Thank you sooooooo much. I know you've been there, and overcome the weight issues
and truly appreciate those who've been there, done that, as I am just starting to love myself.

I've always thought I was a good person inside, kind, caring, considerate. It's the outer beauty that kills me.... too many emotional and physical scars....

But that said, instead of focusing on my "spare tire" or that the tops of my thighs will always touch (even at a low weight they did) I am trying to focus on what is good about me. And the one thing I can say with some level of confidence is the curves. I've always liked my womanly curves, just never uttered those words in my lifetime LOL.

I'm sure there will be a time that I will need some advice, and thats another positive, is that I know there's ppl like you that will help kick me in the right direction if needed.

I truly appreciate that.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so happy for you chris!! that pic of you looks amazing actually that entire day out all the pics look amazing!!

Im pretty positive because for the next two weeks i get to spend with blaine and the cats so that means I get to be able to eat the stuff i want to to get me feeling better and loose some weight also, i will also get more exercise becasue we are looking after the dog so that means long walks so ill be a happy healthy AJ

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AJ: I'm proud of you and the steps you have been taking to be a healthier you

I'm under the weather today, and about to go lay down but thought I'd post this.

I've never been hugely close to my sisters...mainly due to age. My youngest sis is 16yrs younger than me so we never grew up together really ( I was outta the house at 14yrs old) and my other sister is 11yrs younger.

We did become a lot closer over our dads death last year, but the older younger sister and I had some drama, and the baby sister just stayed out of it for the most part.

Anyways, I got a msg from my youngest sis today, and am soooooooooo happy. She felt comfortable enough to come to me with a "sensitive matter" and I am just so happy she felt able to come to me in the first place.

I hope to build and strengthen the bond between her and I, and mend fences between the other sister and I too. I would love to have a close relationship with both. My youngest sis lives close by...the other one lives in a different province...but there's no reason we couldn't become closer.

anyways, I'm off to nap, just wanted to share my happiness

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris....

As you heal inside, I expect you'll find a lot of changes in your relationships too!
Your posts really made me smile!

And AJ - sounds like it'll be a lovely few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something very positive in my life:

I have learnt that it is NEVER too late to rekindle a relationship.
In my case, it is with one sister and I hope to build on it.

I do not want to have any more guilt from putting things off like I have (I'll go see great gramma next week, no next week, the week after.....then she died without meeting her 2nd great granddaught
and that was too late)

no more of that.... i am trying to grab life by the horns and stare it straight in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.