The piano

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~ That's likely what would happen in my neighborhood. Some people put things on the curb thinking the Fairy Godmother will make it magically disappear. :cringe:'
We bought this house from this couple, and the guy swore the neighbor was horrible. He was warning us about him, as he was taking tree branches from HIS yard and throwing them into the neighbors yard! We bought the house, and the neighbor was a wonderful man. No wonder the neighbor didn't like the first owner, I wouldn't have liked him either. :rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia Our neighbor is always putting stuff down by the road with a FREE sign on them. And it's always gone within hours. Rick took an office chair and some outdoor patio pillows down to the road for our neighbor the other day with his FREE sign. He no sooner came across the yard to our house and somebody stopped, looked the stuff over, and took everything!

We have an old Char-Broil grill that Rick is going to power-wash and put down by the road. It'd be good for somebody as a fixer, or even for parts. I told him to take it over to our neighbor's yard because it'll probably go faster.

No mattresses or stuffed furniture though; that's ridiculous. We've seen stuff like that out by the curb in town. Weeks later, it was still there and it had rained several times. No thanks.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the first house we were in after we got out of the Army was a rental. The hot water heater gave out and the landlord came right over and replaced it. He put the old one out on the curb and told us if no one picked it up that night to call him and he would come back for it. We didn't have to call him.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a piano, it's still in great working condition and I'm willing to simply give it away to whoever wants to haul it themselves, but I also had second thoughts on it...
The wood is quite beautiful as it's made with tiger oak. I was thinking about trying to dismantle the exterior pieces of wood and repurpose it into a window bench or something...then just get someone to haul the rest away or if it's not as heavy, bring the scraps to the dump.
I've watched a few videos on how to dismantle a piano...it seems like a big job though, so IDK...
So it still sits in my living room, collecting dust and taking up space. The cats would miss their perch/highway, but I just don't want it anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Several people on FB contacted me about the piano. But if we couldn't deliver it, they weren't interested.
I reached out to a guy who hauls stuff and he's coming next Wednesday to pick it up.
I know I'm going to have quite a cry over this, but I really do think it's the right thing to do at this point.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you. I didn't get mine hauled off when I thought I would, but I don't see any other option either. It's quite a wrench to dispose of it. It's still on my To Do list.