The Perfect Pet Cat? It Doesn't Exist!

macyaji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I just want to share my thought after going through 3 cats in my life time. My first cat Scarlet(Calico) is a little bundle of joy, she was full of energy and the Queen of the house. Although she is extremely territorial towards other cats, she gets along very well with dogs. She follows guests around whenever we have visitors in our house and purrs whenever anyone pets her. She is also a big trouble maker, she loves to destroy blinds and knock things over the table. She is always smiling and she loves to cuddle; she is also very vocal whenever she needs something. She passed away at age 12 and she will always have a place in my heart.

My second cat Sapphire(Gray tuxedo) is completely opposite of Scarlet. She is shy and extremely lazy. She prefers to sleep in her cat bed and she spend most of her day sleeping. She doesn't not get along with other cats or dogs and she hides under the couch whenever we have visitors. However I love the fact that she is quiet and never causes any trouble, she will come to me whenever she wants to be petted or otherwise she prefers to be left along. She passed away around age 14 and I miss her a lot.

My current cat Rose is a female tortie, and personality is mix between Scarlet and Sapphire. She have so much energy to burn every day! She have to touch/smell everything is the house. Just like Scarlet, she loves to destroy blinds and knock things over. She is also super smart, she knows how open room doors and cabinet doors. She gets along with other dogs and cats, but hides whenever we have a visitor. She also have a feisty personality, if you pet her when she is trying to sleep, she will not hesitate to bite/hiss at you.

Recently one of my friend ask me which cat is my favorite cat or the perfect cat, and I don't have an answer for his question. There are no such thing as a perfect pet cat; every cat is unique in their own way. I love all 3 of my cats and they are all unique in their own way. I love the fact that Scarlet is always happy and smiling but I also get a little irritated whenever she make a big mess. I love the cat that Sapphire is quiet and never causes any trouble, but I also wish that she showed more affection towards me. I love the fact that Rose is super smart and energetic but I also wish that she would stop waking me up during the middle of the night.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had many cats, all different in their personalities, etc. I think I would have to say they were all perfect in their own way. They each had their quirks, but I sure would love to see them all again. I would put up with the quirks to spend another day with each of them. Down to one. Snoop has his too, but I wouldn't change a thing. :wink:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that every cat has their own character so it's impossible to define the perfect cat! My two boys are very mischievous but I love them to bits and wouldn't change their personalities at all. Fudge can be incredibly affectionate, and loves to laze around on a human lap, preferably with a few tummy tickles. Toffee is more of a hunter and loves being on the prowl with his toy mice, and watching the birds from the window.

I did love an experience I had for a week on holiday with a five week old grey tabby, she was just the sweetest, tiniest little thing ever. We watched her owners bottle feed her and we got to give her lots of cuddles, and look after her one night when her owners went out to dinner. Every moment with her was a delight!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tuxedo kitty 40 years ago that was as perfect as a cat can be. All I had to do was tell him not to do something and he didn't! He loved people, never scratched or bit, never tore things up and took care of the considerable rat problem we had in downtown Baltimore. He loved to get on laps and roll over for belly rubs, never grabbing your hand. He was the first pet I had, and I thought all cats would all be like that!

He was given to me by my brother and his girlfriend. He grew up as the only cat in a house with eight students, male and female, who all loved animals. I guess that was an idyllic kittenhood. He was welcomed and loved in whichever lap he occupied! I still miss that wonderful kitty. RIP, Herschel. :redheartpump::angel::rbheart:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one child, so he is perfect, :) and had all of my mother love :) With my cats im guessing it would be much like having multiple kids. They may all be your favorite on different days, but you love them all to distraction, appreciate their differences, and could not imagine life without any of them! :angel3:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like US, they have different personalities like clingers being nosy, independence etc...MAX is my spiiled little boy and part of how he behaves is my doing♡

LittleQuill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, like another poster said, each cat is unique and has their own personalities. I have also grown up around cats, and none of them have been, or are remotely similar. I also don't think there're 'perfect' cats, but there are cats that are perfect for you and your lifestyle.