The Patient

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet took this pic while Dorothy was there to get her skin tumor removed and gave it to me. I forgot to ask if it was before or after the procedure. They kept saying "She's such a good kitty!" (I already knew that though!!
)

A few pics of Dorothy's 'surgery' site. Such a big shaved area for such a small incision! BF keeps calling her Fuzz Patch.

Genever dutifully grooming Dot's head as usual...

She wasn't too groggy to help me with my accounting project! (And I do need help!)

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww..she looks great! That was sweet of your vet to snap that photo and give it to you.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that she's doing well.

Abby's incision was a bit higher up on the neck, maybe about 2 inches higher than Dorothy's. And the area that was shaved was considerable too. I felt another cyst further down her back that was quite little, but so was the one on her neck at one time, so I had them remove it too.

It took a good 7 months before the hair completely grew in. However, in the meantime, Abby absolutely loved when I rubbed the shaved areas.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww!! What a good little patient!! Sweet of Genever to take care of her too.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think she's smiling in the last picture!!
She looks great and I'm glad she's doing well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I guess she does look happy, or at least not grumpy like she usually looks. But really, even when she's purring while getting pets and obviously happy, she still looks mad. It's just how her face is!

Linda- thanks for letting me know about how long it takes for fur to grow back. Just last night, my BF said something about it and that it should be maybe a few weeks wil it grows back, and I said No! Months! He was surprised.

But Miss Polka Dot is still doing well, the wound is looking good, not red or anything, and she hasn't scratched out the stitches yet..
She was just playing like crazy a few minutes ago. The aftercare sheet the vet gave me said to limit activity for about a week, but I think she can handle some play sessions chasing around her little stuffed panda head (it was a little bobble on my sock that fell off- her FAVORITE toy! and of course always getting lost since it's so small). I'll just lay off the wand toys where she jumps around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet called me yesterday with the biopsy results- it's just a basal cell tumor, benign as we expected, but it was great to hear the official news anyway!!

aelurophile

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great news!!

Originally Posted by DarkMavis

The vet called me yesterday with the biopsy results- it's just a basal cell tumor, benign as we expected, but it was great to hear the official news anyway!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

It's great to hear it's good news, even when that's what you expect you can't help but worry "what if it IS cancer?".

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad Dorothy is going to be fine! It's always scary having to wait. That was so nice of your vet to take the pictures for you.