‘The outstretched paw’?

Yetibigfoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Yeti Bigfoot, I am an eight year old, male, tripod, tuxedo cat and . I am magnificent and truly beautiful, (just ask any of the cats around here). I thought I should offer some ‘Fe-lion’ insight in to your queries about the ‘out stretched paw’ as it happens to be one of my favourite methods of communication. It’s meaning varies according to with whom I wish to communicate. If it is my human a slow motion padded paw to the cheek is pure unadulterated love and adoration, however a lightly clawed paw is gentle reminder of exactly who the boss is and that I, under no circumstance, am to be overlooked.

Human visitors I favour will receive a padded paw welcome, the less favoured, a lightly clawed slow motion paw, just to show my power - flex my claws as they say. The least favoured will receive a fully clawed, lightening fast, no contact, warning paw. This usually prevents any further action becoming necessary. Dogs, on the other paw, require a more straightforward approach, a welcoming head butt shows good will and properly acknowledged, (a direct stare toward the ceiling is the most acceptable), may be followed by a languid body roll whilst also extending a slow motion, padded paw. This indicates my benevolence but also shows my recognition of, and sympathy to, their clear inferiority. It also shows my fearlessness. If I’m feeling playful I may take higher ground and undertake an aerial assault of the slow motion, lightly clawed variety aimed at the rear. It tickles me no end to see those back legs cave in, in fear, scrambling to escape my clawches. I am not proud to admit that sometimes I’m so tickled I get overexcited and launch a lightening fast, full power, clawed paw, (just one), with hysterical results. I just cannot help myself. The Fe-lion in me is too strong.

Attachment.png

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Tigger does to reaching out paw when she's asking for kisses and cuddles and get talked to :catrub: