The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Wow- that’s a very unique place to be found, even for feral kittens! You were so kind to take them in.

Raine’s favorite toys are Da Bird and Crinkle balls. He will play with Da Bird for hours, even when I’m running a sweat already, and with crinkle balls he will just bury them anywhere. He’s also recently managed to open one of our cabinet doors with a child-proof lock on it…
Thanks! I found them partially thanks to my dog, Belle- she kept on scratching at the tree and making weird growling noises and I thought “there must be something in there!”

Heehee- Miki loves Da Bird also. She hasn't really taken to crinkle balls because she mostly tries to eat the whole thing to no avail...

silvercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I don't even want to know what it's going to look like here when the snow melts. The piles around here are huge.

I am so done with this winter. I was excited for snow at first because I could take my daughter out to play in it. There is way too much for me to take her out in the yard, she's only 29.5" tall and probably about 15" of snow.
Here in Alaska the snow piles are unbelieveable. We call them the snow mountains.

We are always excited for first frost because we know the snow is coming, but right when it starts hailing and the blizzards roll in all we can do is bundle up, close every window and seal it tight, and try to stay warm.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel so lucky now that we had relatively nice weather here in Sunnyvale all winter. The temperature’s supposed to stay in the 60’s and maybe early 70’s this week…when I was little I used to love the little snow we got here because I would build mini-snowmen with my siblings. Unfortunately, they almost always melted an hour or so later because the sun would come out and melt them to puddles. 

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve been dying to see just a speck of snow here in Santa Clarita all summer- all I’ve gotten are tiny little crusty icicles that build up next to the palm trees in my back yard. It’s just too hot and arid here. Anyone else from the Southwest who’s been aching to see just a speck of white this winter?

stormi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We’ve gotten too much snow this winter already. With my heavy snow boots I still can’t navigate, even through my neighborhood, and I’ve shoveled so much snow my hands are turning raw- even with mittens on. I’d much rather be in California right now.

silvercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Don't you hate when they don't like what you make when you put more effort into it? Nap time is one of my favourite times of the day too.

Today, I won a Yopa prize pack. I have no idea what it going to come in it. Yopa is greek yogurt. All I had to do was retweet a post when Canada won a medal. 
Naptime is my favorite time of the day and that will never change. It’s like we’re back to kindergarten (or back to the kitty world!).
Congrats on winning the Yopa prize pack! I love Yopa yogurt. I especially love the key lime flavor.

stormi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I just want to mention that the hissing cat in the "You Broke The Rules" reminder is hilarious!  I find myself watching that thing and can't stop! 
I know, right?! It looks like it's being literally electrocuted. Poor kitty. 
I love your avatar, by the way! Is that Bee Gee in the little sparkly heart?

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Wow!  It sounds like you are in real need of some show time confetti!  I should send Pig over to render your newspapers into something more party-worthy!
Miki loves shredding newspapers with those razor-sharp teeth of hers. I should really hire her to be my professional paper shredder. She and Pig could work in a joint company!

silvercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two girls and I are so content right now; Yuki’s sleeping on my shoulder and Amaya’s on my lap. I love the sound of them purring- it’s almost like a steamboat motor! Great hot water bottles too. I could just bury my hands in their soft fur and cuddle with them forever… and ever.. and ever…

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

LOL- Miki loves watching squirrels outside. She’ll frequently paw at any little critter that passes by the screen door. She’s already eaten a mouse and a quail. Ferocious kitty.
Wow- some pretty impressive catches there, Miki!
Here there’s not a great variety of wildlife for my cats to pick and choose from; Gracie only has the skill (and height) to catch house flies, and those are not very impressive- sorry, Gracie, but you’re still an amateur hunter.
She’s always so proud of her catches and leaves “gifts” for me from time to time. Wallace and Gromit will hunt each other all day, though. Wallace always thinks that Gromit’s tail is some sort of mysterious snake running away from him.

@SilverCat- Your girls must be adorable. One of my old cats was nicknamed “Feather Pillow” because of his oh-so-soft Ragdoll fur.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Left is Yuki, right is Amaya. 
 Feather Pillow is such an adorable nickname.
 How many kitties do you have? Is it just Gracie?
How gorgeous are they!! 

Sundar escaped. 

He is a very naughty boy.  He didn't just open the door this time - he managed to unsnip the lock. 

He has absolutely no idea what to do once he gets out there. He used to just sit in the garden and wait for me to come and pick him up.  The last two times he jumped over a fence and then meowed at the top of his voice for me to come and get him . 

He doesn't really want to go out, he just wants the thrill of the challenge!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

How gorgeous are they!! 

Sundar escaped. 

He is a very naughty boy.  He didn't just open the door this time - he managed to unsnip the lock. 

He has absolutely no idea what to do once he gets out there. He used to just sit in the garden and wait for me to come and pick him up.  The last two times he jumped over a fence and then meowed at the top of his voice for me to come and get him . 

He doesn't really want to go out, he just wants the thrill of the challenge!
OMG, I can imagine coz  Mouse would have no idea either but he will persist in trying to work bolts and door handles...  Thankfully you have your nice garden for Sundar to sit in.  I hope it's another nice quiet garden on the other side of the fence!   

Today I feel like I should be out and doing something productive but suspect I will spend my time doing not a lot other than throw biscuits for Mouse and post on TCS.  Back to work tomorrow, it is amazing how talented I am at wasting time. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening everyone. I just found this thread and it's taken me ages to read but I'm up to date. I've never seen or heard of tooth powder. I have a feather pillow and it's quite good. Puffs up lovely every time and can be washed. I threw one out because Cleo peed on it. She was clearly having issues at the time. Speaking of Cleo. She's a beauty therapist cat. She has developed her own technique of human skin exfoliation. It's the rough tongue technique. She does eyelids and all. I'm going to be looking so much younger. ;)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Tammat, that is a fantastic new beauty therapy technique.  
  I'd way rather try that than the one where little fishies get to chew of feet.  NO WAY would I ever try that one. 
   Maybe Cleo and Mouse could go in to business together, Mouse has a nice smooth tongue so Cleo could do the exfoliate and Mouse the buff n polish? 
  Excellent way for kitties to keep themselves in the manner to which they want to be accustomed. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sundar has a tongue that could strip paint.  I think a general anaesthetic would be required. But it could just work..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congrats to you Gcat! :clap::clap::clap: I'm away from the thread for a few days and look at all of the babbling I missed! :D If you need help turning off the advertising (a perk of a being a subscriber), just send me a PM. :)

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here in Alaska the snow piles are unbelieveable. We call them the snow mountains.

We are always excited for first frost because we know the snow is coming, but right when it starts hailing and the blizzards roll in all we can do is bundle up, close every window and seal it tight, and try to stay warm.
They might as well be snow mountains here too. This is the worst winter we have had in a long time. 

Naptime is my favorite time of the day and that will never change. It’s like we’re back to kindergarten (or back to the kitty world!).
Congrats on winning the Yopa prize pack! I love Yopa yogurt. I especially love the key lime flavor.
I've never tried Yopa. I can't wait to try it, but I am assuming my yogurt loving daughter will probably end up stealing it. 
 If we are having yogurt with our breakfast, she sticks her spoon into mine and eats it and then eats hers.